Armoured BMW M5.

Oh and btw.

I once got robbed in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I was walking in Copacabana beach, and then a black guy pushed me to the ground, then when I got up he pointed the gun at me and told me that I did not give him my watch, I would die. Mind you, he was armed with a 38.

He stole my ?mega Seamaster watch and I had a bruise knee.

But hey! Better have a bruise knee than take a bullet at least!
i've always wondered why so many people do this: point out a person's ethnicity when it really isn't necessary. i think most do it subconsciously, or never thought about why they do it. and when the ethnicity is pointed out, it's almost always a non-caucasian, and usually blacks and hispanics. i don't think i've ever heard a person say anything like, "this white guy robbed me this one time". however, i've heard people say things as peculiar as, "i stopped at a gas station, and i asked this mexican (which ignorant americans blanket all latinos) guy for directions to...".

i just don't get it how ethnicity is relevant in most conversational contexts.

I think it's pretty relevant whether a white or black person robbed you. Not to be a racist but I think its pretty pertinent what race a robber is.

I think it's pretty relevant whether a white or black person robbed you. Not to be a racist but I think its pretty pertinent what race a robber is.

I don't think it matters at all. There's equal chance of being robbed by a white/black/asian/other. Why should it matter what colour skin someone has?

i've always wondered why so many people do this: point out a person's ethnicity when it really isn't necessary. i think most do it subconsciously, or never thought about why they do it. and when the ethnicity is pointed out, it's almost always a non-caucasian, and usually blacks and hispanics. i don't think i've ever heard a person say anything like, "this white guy robbed me this one time". however, i've heard people say things as peculiar as, "i stopped at a gas station, and i asked this mexican (which ignorant americans blanket all latinos) guy for directions to...".

i just don't get it how ethnicity is relevant in most conversational contexts.

Like Spazatao said, the vast majority of impoverished Brazilians living in the favelas are black. I sometimes mention a person's nationality or ethnicity because I'm so used to it. Maybe it's because I'm not PC enough but pointing out ethnicity - white, black, Asian - is no big deal to me. Unfortunately, I subconsciously have discriminatory thoughts from time to time that I try to repress because it's obviously wrong to harbour them.

Last edited:
No problem with the car, I only have a problem with a 19 year old getting it. Hopefully he is mature enough to not become a spoiled little asshole.

There's equal chance of being robbed by a white/black/asian/other.

I'm sorry, but that frankly just isn't true. I'm not a racist (far from it), but you can't ignore statistics.

Why should it matter what colour skin someone has?

It shouldn't and it doesn't to me. :)

I'm sorry, but that frankly just isn't true. I'm not a racist (far from it), but you can't ignore statistics.

It shouldn't and it doesn't to me. :)

I applaud your sound attitude to other people.

:+1: