Armoured BMW M5.

Kowalski

Saw this on the Germancarzone, and I would like to share with you all.

But here it is the original thread with the photos:
Click here: Armoured BMW M5

Originally posted by 7 speed SMG on the M5board.com

Out of the car you have no protection, you have to be very careful and try to stay always alert. The hole idea of armoured cars in Brasil, (the largest fleet of bulletproof cars is here) is to avoid getting into trouble on the streets, especially at stoplights. Here we have a lot of grand theft auto, and many times people get killed in these thefts.. Since I am 19 years old, my dad didn't let me cruise around with my beast and decided to armour it.

Yes the wheels get a light aluminium belt that wont let the tire let loose from the wheel, so you can keep on going in case of a blown tire by a shot. NOTE that the wheel may get destroyed if a long journey is covered, this is just in case of emergency...

19 years old and a a new M5 given as a present by dad...what a lucky bastard!

Last edited:
When will people realize that getting stuff that expensive from your parents when you're young is not a good thing at all.
They should instead learn that you have to work for the things you want. Not so much the youngster's fault as his dad's in this case.

What a waste. Just use an S-Class or a 7-Series

I wish him luck and hope he enjoys the M5. Pity it has to be heavier, but where he lives I guess you can't take any chances...

Last edited:
Frankly, he deserves to be shot at. Idiot.

I never realized the M5's interior was so cheap and plasticy.

If it's an SMG... small loss.

Yeah, it's a lot of added weight. Although that link says it's only about 180kg heavier, which isn't much at all for a properly armoured car.

There is a thread, for the same author, where he posted the acceleration numbers after added armor to the car.

With the "M" button activated, Launch Control and the full 507 Bhp, he managed to accelerate from 0 to 100 Km/h in 5.2 seconds.

With the 400 Bhp, the acceleration time from 0 to 100 Km/h was 6 seconds.

Not bad at all for a car, that now weigh 2.1 tons.

Frankly, he deserves to be shot at. Idiot.

It is a British trait to dispise success.
The argument goes something like this, I think
1. "He's rich I bet he does not deserve it"
2. "I hate him for being rich whilst I am not (I'll scratch his car, slap his face, burgle his house, then I'll feel better) and never will be because of the class system in this country - I could be rich if only. ..."
3. "You find out he worked hard and is self made - you hate him even more because you are not".

Recent hate figure for instance was Nick Faldo - he had the temerity to practice a lot to become successful. ...

OK Brits, shoot me down on this one.

I think Speedtouch was probably referring to the fact that he's 'ruined' an M5... not that he has an M5.

If he wanted a armoured car why didn't he buy an old Volvo? they were tanks without any modifications, would of saved him a fair bit in the process....

Oh please. An armored M5 is a waste? It's not like he put a huge wing and stickers and a Veilside kit on it. If anything, an armored M5 is totally badass - armored cars are already incredibly cool, and this one has enough speed to outrun cartel cruisers while still looking brilliant, especially in black with those wheels, and especially when it only gains 185kg, or the equivalent of two fat friends. It's like the Transporter, except not sucky.

He's probably the son of a controversial politician, or a drug dealer, so I doubt he'd be riding around town trying to pick up chicks on a scooter while people are looking to turn his face into pate. Yet if I were him I wouldn't really brag about it on a forum...