[Article] USA Ariel Atoms are made here in Oregon!

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Discovery Channel Video:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKBPONygGxI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ecotec? Yes please.

I would loved to have been listening in to that phone call between Leno and the GM executives.

GM Suit: Mr. Leno sir how can we help you.

Jay: Cut the crap Bob I want an Ariel Atom with an ecotec motor and I am hearing you guys are draggin your heels. I want you to get it done NOW.

GM Suit: Uhh Atom uhh I don't know what that is I will have to check with someone in...

Jay: Just say yes Bob. You don't have to know what I am talking about just agree with me and everything will be better.

GM Suit: Uhhh yes sir Leno I will get right on it. Uhhh who do I need to call sir??

Jay: God do I have to do anything call this guy in Oregon who is making them and then call the Ecotec race guys and get some motors shipped over to them by tomorrow.

GM Suit: Yes sir right away sir.

:lol:

We he does do a lotta shit with GM (ex: that concept car), so I'm not surprised he got stuff done.

I'd seriously like to look at one a couple years down the road, when I've moved back to Iowa, would be such a cool thing to have for track weekends. Maybe there will be some used ones by then :p

I good friend of mine lives just outside of Portland, maybe I can fly up there and get a ride to see the place where they're made. :D

is this the first time you've heard of this? Brammo has been prepping this for quite a while now.

I want to see a comparo of the supercharged K20 vs the supercharged eco-tec. Both put out 300hp, but the eco-tec has much more torque. The eco-tec has 5 gears compared to 6 in the Honda engine, but people say that the first gear in the Honda is unnecessary anyway. The Honda has a higher redline and probably sounds much better, but is seriously lacking in torque.

is this the first time you've heard of this? Brammo has been prepping this for quite a while now.

I want to see a comparo of the supercharged K20 vs the supercharged eco-tec. Both put out 300hp, but the eco-tec has much more torque. The eco-tec has 5 gears compared to 6 in the Honda engine, but people say that the first gear in the Honda is unnecessary anyway. The Honda has a higher redline and probably sounds much better, but is seriously lacking in torque.

+34235235 x 10 very old news

yeah actually one of the Oregon State University Alumni is working on the project for the Atom.
They are also making a car similar to the Ultima GTR. Let's hope for the best yeh!

Brammo makes a 10.0L V12 as well and they're gonna put it in their new supercar. 1000hp N/A.

Ultima does also export cars to the USA, in fact over 50% of all Ultimas are ordered in left hand drive... (All about that here...) They use engines built by American Speed in Illinois. You should find answers to most of your questins under the FAQ section...

It's a serious piece of kit this...
gtr64.jpg

record200602s.jpg

^^ Man I wish I was rich. How fun that would be to build... :D

Sometimes there are things in the world that makes life worth living. Dreaming of one day owning one of these cars Mmmmmm.

Too right - ever since watching 'A Racing Car is Born' I've wanted to do a kit build, it'd be such a blast (though I'd have to have a lot in faith in my abilities...).

Ultima GTR isn't that expensive if you build it yourself... ($28K sans the engine pluss extras) Rememer the Ultima is specifically made to be put together by a first time builder using nothing but basic tools and also don't forget that you get Veyron rivalling performance for just fraction of the cost...

28k and 38k isn't that bad for a normal car that has many uses and may be fast, but for a single purpose car most of us would have a hard time justifying that cost to our significant others, banks, etc. heheh.

but an ultima would rock the shit. If only I had a garage :(