As motorheads, we should all be deeply saddened by this.

Dr. Woo

Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Ladies and gentlemen, the new Dodge Charger.

1.jpg

What a sad, sad day. Dodge is reviving a classic name for their vanilla four-door family hauler. Ooh, it has a V8...big freakin' deal.

They have officially soiled the name Charger with this. I mean...it's the Dodge Intrepid's replacement, for God's sake...the name Charger should NOT be attached to that piece of automotive dung.

I agree. That's like GM naming a new 4 door sedan "The Camaro" or "Firebird". How about naming the new Taurus replacement "Mustang" or "GT-40"? Blech! :yucky:

Well, the sad day imho was the day Dodge unveiled the first Charger and called it a car at all :lol:

:thumbsdown:
meh...it looks like just the 4dr version of that wagon...magnum or whatever (which isn't a good thing, imo). even if they didn't dub it as the charger, it's still kinda boring looking...

i was really hoping they would revive the charger like ford did with the mustang, but this brings nothing but disappointment...

edit: here's the other thread about this for anyone interested
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2236

This is sad, I saw a concept Charger in the Chicago auto show about 2, 3 years ago or so which looked a lot like the old charger, and looked quite good.
It's amazing to me how car manufacturers can screw up concept cars.
IMHO the same (to a lesser degree) happened to the new Mustang, the concept looked much, much better.

idletask said:
Well, the sad day imho was the day Dodge unveiled the first Charger and called it a car at all :lol:
The R/T was one of the fastest street-legal cars ever produced at that point. I think if you're not going to call it a car, you'll call it a rocket.

Dr. Woo said:
The R/T was one of the fastest street-legal cars ever produced at that point. I think if you're not going to call it a car, you'll call it a rocket.

Yeah well maybe, but it was (and still is) hopeless at cornering and braking. A rocket indeed!

idletask said:
Dr. Woo said:

Yeah well maybe, but it was (and still is) hopeless at cornering and braking. A rocket indeed!
That's not what it was built for, obviously. It is a classic and a testament to the age of brute power.

I love four-door sedans, and even I think they should have made this a proper coupe with two doors. Aside from the RX-8, I hate four-doors that try to look like coupes, like this and the Mercedes CLS. :thumbsdown:

I dunno, I kinda like it. :?

Well the Charger name was already ruined by the 80's charger, but I guess they want to make sure they give it another kick in the balls. :bangin:

Overheat said:
Can't find the photoshop - can some1 post the image here pls.

It's on page 2