Game: Assetto Corsa

The Ruf is a monster.

Countach? I'm finally sold.

And I'll be up for some Countach vs F40 battles, even though we all know how they will end.

Did my first online race today with the Yellowbird at Spa. I ended up lapping the entire field in a 6 lap race. :lol:

In case anyone didn't know, you can press "0" on your keyboard and it increases the boost in the Yellowbird to nearly 1.5 bar. It makes a big difference on top end, for sure.

Been having some fun with the Ruf:

Switched from 0.55Bar at the beginning to 1.4Bar about halfway through. Listen for the difference.

I'm in love. <3

How many cars does this game have?

43 out of the box, some of which are variants of the same model (there are like four Lotus Evoras, for example). Maybe 30 distinct models or so.

Of course, if you want to install mods there's a lot more available.

What is a good website for mods?

The assetto corsa official forums are a great place for cars/tracks and other mods

I highly recommend the 787B. It's pretty fantastic.

Well it's still in it's early stages, but the plan is to create an environment with several different racing configurations. The longest (so far) will be about 1.7 miles per lap so it's a fairly small area environment, but I might expand it for V2.0. This is a proof of concept, so to speak. Here is the eventual main course route:

boothbaygp-01_zps75cf1652.jpg

Hard to tell in the photos, but there is quite a bit of elevation change.

I'm modeling the downtown portion of Boothbay Harbor, Maine. I've never done this before (IE making a mod for a game) so I'm sort of learning as I go.

Last edited:
Google-sourced bare topographic model:
unrefined_zpsa0e9a5a6.jpg

My (extremely laborious) terrain refinement:
120151842_zps5c6a2f4d.jpg

Basically I'm using the base terrain from, essentially google earth, and refining it by referencing aerial imagery, street view (where its available) and a healthy amount of artistic license. I'm actually enjoying it, but progress is slow.

I'm aiming for sort of GT4 levels of polish with this environment, like that Costa Di Amalfi screenshot. I don't have enough time, manpower, or technical expertise to make something like a Drive Club (incredible, incredible environs) or Forza 5 level of beauty.

Last edited:
Looks very promising!

47, Grobnik is available on either racedepartment or assettocorsa.net