Game: Assetto Corsa

Can anyone explain (in simple form) how to make a server?

1. Make sure you free these ports in your router
2. Open "ACServerLauncher.exe" and choose what car(s) and track you want. I'd suggest no booking mode which means you tick the "Pickup Mode Enable" box. AFAIK you need it UDP 9600 and HTTP 8081 in the launcher. Choose how long you want the sessions to be, you can also give them names lol. Basically, it should look somewhere like this.
3. Once you ticked a couple of cars and a track, make sure you go into field and create an entry list with all the cars and skins you want. Also, go here and put a "4" into the "allowedTyresOut" field if you don't want penalties online.
4. Click save, you can close the window if you want. It should say that it created and saved two files. In your Assetto Corsa main folder, there's a new folder called "server". Inside you will find a "acServer.exe", a CMD which you start. After a couple of seconds it should say that it has successfully connected and everything is fine.

Join. Done. BOOM.

Assetto Corsa 50% off till Monday. It's worth it! Will be 50 bucks once 1.0 is released, so grab a copy on Steam now.

Toyota License!

AC will get a TS040, a GT86 and a MKIV Supra amongst others! <3

I'm super pumped for those cars!

:heavyb:

So i bought it on sale, gonna give it a spin later!

I bought it when it was on sale too but I haven't started it up yet. Gotta find time... :(

I got it on sale and found it to be quite the system hog. Granted I'm running 3 screens. I've got an i5-2500K overclocked and running a ATI 7950. With some time and some tuning, I will try it out

Tried it out last night. Absolutely maxed out the graphic settings at 2560x1600. The advantages of having two GTX 780s in SLI. :)

I wasn't all that impressed with the graphics though. Don't get me wrong, they're good and I like the active aero on the Pagani Huayra but I think the latest console titles beat it in terms of graphics. :(

Not really convinced on the physics either. The grip seems a bit wonky.

Last edited:
It's a sim. Apart from pcars getting good physics and good graphics together doesn't mix well because the gpu has to go through both.

And what do you mean with "wonky grip"?

I got it on sale and found it to be quite the system hog. Granted I'm running 3 screens. I've got an i5-2500K overclocked and running a ATI 7950. With some time and some tuning, I will try it out

Yes. Currently the performance isn't that great, was better. But it's still a beta, I hope it gets better

beside that - w00t!

Tried it out last night. Absolutely maxed out the graphic settings at 2560x1600. The advantages of having two GTX 780s in SLI. :)

I wasn't all that impressed with the graphics though. Don't get me wrong, they're good and I like the active aero on the Pagani Huayra but I think the latest console titles beat it in terms of graphics. :(

You're right about the graphics not being all that great. They've said that they're redoing the graphics engine so I have my fingers crossed, but the console games definitely look better (and imho have always looked better than the PC sims of their respective era). I think the physics are great though. The force feedback is amazing and every single car feels different and as though it has its own character.

It takes some time getting used to if you're a Forza fan, but I like the physics much better. The FFB is pretty damn good IMO.

That was brilliant. :lol:

Does that mean someone had actually released a custom car now?

If you take a look here you'll find a lot of custom made cars and tracks for AC. ;) It's not like there hasn't been a mod yet. :p

And there is even more stuff on the internet for AC, but all things in the official forum are legal mods.

If you take a look here you'll find a lot of custom made cars and tracks for AC. ;) It's not like there hasn't been a mod yet. :p

And there is even more stuff on the internet for AC, but all things in the official forum are legal mods.

Cool, I've found plenty of development threads there but hadn't found these, I obviously wasn't looking hard enough. :D