Game: Assetto Corsa

Same here! :p

Am I the only one disappointed with a couple of cars and a single track (yes i know da Ring blabla) in a fairly expensive DLC package shortly after launch?
I had expected a fair bit more content for launch, but was fine with it considering more cars and tracks were promised. But now it's a story of another 10?, and another 10?, and another, and another...

Not feeling very good about it.

Edit: Nevermind, it's actually 15 bucks, as much as the game during the last sale. 33% off when you pre-order DLC. Sure... shit's getting ridiculious.

Last edited:
Since it's an Indie developer (and I fancy all of the cars) I'll allow it. I normally hate DLC and despise them. But this is something I will want to have for many years to come. But this means I will not buy all AC DLC, if I don't have interest in one, I simply won't buy it. It's not like I (or my friends who I play with) want to collect it 100%.

Oh and I didn't actually pay 9,99, I used my CS:GO inventory and sold it, so therefor I played CS to buy this DLC. Loving it. :mrgreen:

btw, Corvette video has been deleted.

Dino, you have to remember it's self-published, and I guess they need some cash flow to develop the game. DLC is preferable to a subscription model, anyway.

Am I the only one disappointed with a couple of cars and a single track.

Normally i would agree, but i paid ? 15 for the game and ?10 for the dlc.
But comparing to P Cars, it's very expensive.

Am I the only one disappointed with a couple of cars and a single track (yes i know da Ring blabla) in a fairly expensive DLC package shortly after launch?
I had expected a fair bit more content for launch, but was fine with it considering more cars and tracks were promised. But now it's a story of another 10?, and another 10?, and another, and another...

Not feeling very good about it.

Edit: Nevermind, it's actually 15 bucks, as much as the game during the last sale. 33% off when you pre-order DLC. Sure... shit's getting ridiculious.

Considering iracing will charge you 15$ for ONE track, its not expensive. the ring has also been 2 years in the making to make it the best that it can be. Its not bad value at if you compare to most other companies DLC standards..

Since it's an Indie developer (and I fancy all of the cars) I'll allow it. I normally hate DLC and despise them. But this is something I will want to have for many years to come. But this means I will not buy all AC DLC, if I don't have interest in one, I simply won't buy it. It's not like I (or my friends who I play with) want to collect it 100%.

Oh and I didn't actually pay 9,99, I used my CS:GO inventory and sold it, so therefor I played CS to buy this DLC. Loving it. :mrgreen:

btw, Corvette video has been deleted.

same here, i sold 1 skin and only used about half of the money for it :p

Another thing about the Sauber that surprised me is how direct the steering is. If the car is 30 degrees transverse to the track just a bit of turning is enough, I'm used to using the full 900 degrees. :lol:

Oh, and about the Nordschleife: I came.

This thing is SPOT ON, everyone who's driven on it will know this.

...although a couple of things should still be changed... but only minor things.

Another thing about the Sauber that surprised me is how direct the steering is. If the car is 30 degrees transverse to the track just a bit of turning is enough, I'm used to using the full 900 degrees. :lol:

Oh, and about the Nordschleife: I came.

This thing is SPOT ON, everyone who's driven on it will know this.

...although a couple of things should still be changed... but only minor things.

Whatever those things are I didn't find them. The track is orgasmic. And yeah, that Sauber is a spinfest however you drive it :lol:

I caved in and bought the DLC, I had to really. Track is great, cars are awesome. The little Alfa GTA is a ton of fun, the Afla touring car is very stable and the Sauber is tricky. I just finished up with a lap in the Nissan GTR, very nice to drive.

Maybe now's the time to upgrade from my DFP to a Thrustmaster or Fanatec. :)

Last edited:
Maybe now's the time to upgrade from my DFP to a Thrustmaster or Fanatec. :)

Yeah, I'd love to upgrade myself, my wheel is the cheapest Logitech, it's not that bad, but I'd like to enjoy the driving and a new wheel would help.
The G27 would be lovely, but it's a bit much, something around the 200eur price range would be nice, any reccomendations?

The G27 would be lovely, but it's a bit much, something around the 200eur price range would be nice, any reccomendations?

I'm probably not much use with reasonably priced wheel recommendations, I'm seriously considering putting a bid on a wheel, pedal and shifter set that's at ?300 (?419) already. To be fair that's quite a good deal as it includes a stand.

I'm probably not much use with reasonably priced wheel recommendations, I'm seriously considering putting a bid on a wheel, pedal and shifter set that's at ?300 (?419) already. To be fair that's quite a good deal as it includes a stand.

Yeah, the Fanatec stuff is insanely pricey! I bet it's amazing, but still, too much. I will never spend that much time on it to justify it.

Yeah, I'd love to upgrade myself, my wheel is the cheapest Logitech, it's not that bad, but I'd like to enjoy the driving and a new wheel would help.

I bought a used G25 a few years ago with a wheelstand and it's been awesome, shifter is a bit flimsy but it does the job.

The truth is, for the price the G25 and G27 are the best what you can get by a huge margin. Anything below that mostly isn't nearly as good, the price is worth it. Sometimes you can get it for 150 or 200 if you're lucky in discounts.

I lucked out and found a second hand Fanatec wheel + pedal set for around the same price as a new G27 last week. I'm loving it :D

Having said that, and while I think the set is way better than a G25, a brand new set costs twice as much as a G27 and I'm not sure it would be worth that.