Assuming Clarkson is being sacked, who would you want to replace him?

no one, if they attempt to continue the show with a different cast I just wont support it. It be like any other offshoot top gear and not the original

You mean like original Top Gear, 1977-style:

:lol:

Seriously, they could do a special edition featuring May and Hammond in order to show the remaining already-made features, with the Stig standing motionless in the studio. At the end the Stig takes off their helmet to reveal the new presenter...

...and if we're messaing around with the show's chemistry it could be a more radical change (Sabine Schmitz?), but it has to be someone with a big personality and car knowledge bordering on the obsessive. Chris Harris is good but I've always considered him to be much more of a Hammond replacement than anything else, and unless they're starting from scratch with three new presenters they'll be after an individual with a personality large enough to match Clarkson's even if not the same as before.

Top Gear will survive I'm sure, and I'm certain that producer Andy Wilman would have had ideas of his own as to how to proceed under these circumstances, knowing that Clarkson could depart at any point or be forced out after another incident. A complete newcomer as a Clarkson replacement would be a very interesting alternative as well, but that would naturally work best with May and/or Hammond still being there. Three completely new presenters would be a huge risk but still might work depending of course on who they have chosen.

You can "succeed" Jeremy, but you cannot "replace" him. Top Gear largely IS Jeremy Clarkson.

Already mentioned in another thread but Chris Barrie would work. He and Hammond are already "rivals" after the Petrolheads show.

You can't replace Jezza... Best thing to do is hope that May quits, then they both sign up with Netflix for a show of their own, without the annoying one.

I kinda like Richard... I will admit that James is my favorite, I'd just like to see all three of them on a show. :)

The question isn't who will replace Clarkson, it's who will replace the cast. Since nobody will ever be the same as them, I recommend myself and two good car buddies.

Jason Plato? Chris Harris? Urgh
If they are going to rejig Top Gear with new hosts, I think they should do what they did when they announced Top Gear Australia (years ago) and ask people to send in their audition videos ... but instead of picking 3 hosts they just do a whole series airing the auditions.

Nicholas Cage, Quentin Tarentino and Betty White.

Eddie Izzard. No, not really. I think the only other truly controversial figure out there that can stir up this much commotion is Alan Davies - but he knows even less about cars than Jeremy, and everyone hates him too much already.

I recommend Viper, that would make FinalGear officially affiliated with the show and then we could restore the site to it's former glory!

I don't think you can possibly begin to imagine how keen I would be to do it. If I get the slightest whiff of a chance to audition I will be there in seconds.

It was a Galant. :tease:

Right. Two random people from an internet forum as hosts of one of the most popular TV shows on the planet. That'll be the day.