Unveiled: Aston Martin Cygnet

I dunno, if Porsche managed to make the iQ look like a tiny 911, I'd think it was pretty awesome, and I don't even like Porsche.

Considering how unpopular Porsche's attempts to make an SUV and a FR five-door hatch look like a 911 are, I think you'd be alone in thinking it was awesome.

Plus, Porsche doesn't really have to worry about doing this at all, because they have conspired with ancient demons and Norse gods to deny the laws of physics when it comes to fuel economy. The latest 911 Carrera makes 345 horsepower and has the same EPA ratings as my Jetta 1.8T. Brain: blown.

The Cygnet doesn't match the lineup <_<

From a 1/10 scale of want - 5, because its an affordable Aston Martin [which one day we can own NEW] and that its a pretty nice interior [but in black please]

To me this is the equivalent of an Aston Martin bottle opener. I see no point in a dressed up Zanusi...

Who will actually make them?
In the IQ factory?

So an IQ costs ?10k, different interior and a bodykit... the Cygnet starts at ?20,000, no thanks.

They should put this as an option on the actual aston martins.

Manual Gearbox - Check
Ceramic Brakes - Check
City Car - Check

Buy an aston, get a DD for a bit extra. I can see the sales guys pushing it now!

Who will actually make them?
In the IQ factory?

Well Toyota will make the bodies of the vehicle, then ship them to one of the Aston Martin factories for coachwork and the additional details/bodywork such as the bumpers and hoods.

And a tiny V10. To hell with the press release.

I don't like it, but i can't quite explain why.
Aston Martin has always been an exclusive brand, and this i feel just cheapens it.
Also, they say they're going to make 4,000 a year. That sounds like a hell of a lot considering that only aston martin owners can buy them. I mean, they only make 3,000 vantages a year

I like it.

I don't really see it as part of their line-up though. It's just the ultimate optional extra when buying one of the proper cars.. :D

This is so cute, I love it. If they allow it to be sold used I would definitely consider one. Slap a turbo on there get it up to 160hp or so, it would be a pretty cool car to have.