• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Aston Martin DB5

Renesis

Lazier than Viper
Car(s)
2007 BMW Z4 3.0 SI
Aston-MartinDB5-04.jpg

Aston-Martin-DB5-02.jpg

Aston-MartinDB5-02.jpg

Aston Martin unveiled the AM V8 "concept car" at the Detroit Motor Show - and now here's the real thing, snapped out testing round Germany's Nurburgring circuit. The AM V8, known as the 'baby Aston', is the Ford Premier Automotive Group's proposed 911 rival; set to cost from around ?60,000 when it goes on sale in 2005, it should certainly give the Porsche a run for its money. Its final name hasn't yet be confirmed, but insiders are referring to it as the 'DB5', reviving a classic badge. Aston expects this model to play a major role in upping its annual output, and for it to account for 40-50 percent of all Aston sales.

The first Aston to be built on the company's all-new aluminium platform, it is also the first Aston to be built at the former Rover site at Gaydon, where ultimately the next-generation DB7 and Vanquish will be built. Styled by Henrik Fisker, it has a wide-opening hatchback, a generous luggage area and a two-seat interior inspired by that of the Vanquish. Power comes from a Jaguar-derived 4.3-litre V8, likely to give a good 370bhp, and a 500bhp-plus supercharged R version is also said to be on the cards. The engine is front mid-mounted - positioned well back in the engine bay to give optimum front-:rear axle weight distribution. Six-speed manual transmission will be standard, a sequential-shift auto optional, and both gearboxes will be rear-mounted.

i doubt the car will named DB5.

they already have a DB5, and it is not in Aston Martin's tradition to name a new car with an old name.

and that's why the new DB9 isn't called DB7.

a name like DB5 would sell though.. and competing against the 911, bringing back and historic famous name would be wise

That's a really gorgeous design, but I also don't really like the side vent all that much right now - I'd probably have to see it in real life to judge it completely.

The hood of the car looks a bit too 'busy' as well. It would probably look better with a simple solid hood - without that front square vent thing especially.

I like the side vent.. it adds a nice toutch to the side just like n a BMW Z8...

but I agree with you on the hood though :?

It's nice but the rearlights are too much McLaren Mercedes SLR Concept, and it's not really something shocking new