Aston Martin DB9 Test Drive

KryptonZone

I went with my mates for a Test Drive at the Brussels Aston Martin dealership. Well... no... we went to the Motor Show last week and my friend was asked to come for a test drive, so we did.

Anyways... I was a little disappointed with the whole active exhaust thing but the acceleration was just phenomenal. My friend was doing the driving but he didn't bother to ask me to brace myself and did the 0-100kmph in 5 seconds thing... Man, I was rather shaken after that...

Really, it is just so powerful and so comfortable. The dash is fabulous and everyone looks at you in awe or jealousy on the road haha.

Loved every second of it.

I also got to have a look at the AMV8, but we didn't really go for a test drive, I did ask the gentleman to turn it on to see the difference in the engine sound. It was more mechanic and brutal. But the DB9 really sounded fantastic!

8)

Wow awesome. I bet it must have been a really awesome expierence.

I'm really jealous right now.. You've been in the coolest car ever, atleast that's the way I see things ;)

You need to find better mates! I have a test drive friend, and whoever has a car lets the other one drive it...
To be honest, the most expensive one was around 100000 Euros, so certainly no DB9... ;-)

Hahaha! That dealership is really interesting. They have one silver-grey DB9 and one deep maroon AMV8 outside for the test drives. Inside, on the ground floor, there's a DB9 Volante and an AMV8 both in that sort of silver-grey colour. On the second floor they have a nice panoramic view of the part of Brussels they are in and three more AMV8s. One in black, and two in the silver-grey (it might be two cars on the second floor though... I was too excited to remember stationary cars haha).

Really, having 450bhp on your right foot just turns the world around...

The gentleman there is really nice too. I spent quite some time talking to him about the history of Aston and the present models and the company itself also the future of the company. We talked about the extraordinary Rapide Concept which will probably be in production next year and the new Bond car, the DBS.

If you go to my website, you will probably see a picture from my camera phone of the AMV8 in Brussels. I got this in April/May last year, i.e. way before it was released. I asked the guy about it and he told me, this was the test bed car (the green one) directly from the factory in UK, and there should have been another test car and one of the two was driven by Dr Ulrich Bez himself (chairman of Aston Martin). Since the car was spotted by the Grand Place, it probably was his ride that day...

8)

Hahaha... Was waiting for that question to come up...

Well I was born in Taiwan, moved to South Africa and was there for 13 years before coming to Belgium. So I'm actually South African.

Anyways, I'm studying at the Vesalius College which is the English sort of branch of the VUB. I'm a Communications Major for the BA degree.

Before someone asks, I'll just explain, I came here because my uncle is the Ambassador of Belgium, he is Belgian national but looks Chinese. He in fact was born in BE.

Righty... That should solve some questions hehe...

:lol:

KryptonZone said:
Hahaha... Was waiting for that question to come up...

Well I was born in Taiwan, moved to South Africa and was there for 13 years before coming to Belgium. So I'm actually South African.

Anyways, I'm studying at the Vesalius College which is the English sort of branch of the VUB. I'm a Communications Major for the BA degree.

Before someone asks, I'll just explain, I came here because my uncle is the Ambassador of Belgium, he is Belgian national but looks Chinese. He in fact was born in BE.

Righty... That should solve some questions hehe...

:lol:
No it doesnt... :roll: Where is he ambassador? And can you help me with some things... :roll:

Cool, my Communications professor went to KUB. Well I don't know about you but I reckon Brussels is a great place to be to see good cars. Well, actually, many parts of Belgium is just full of super cars and hyper cars. Knokke, Antwerpen, Brussels... That's why even though I hate the weather I'm still having a good time. Just look at my car spotting page on my website (click on my signature) and you'll see. That's under a year's spotting... 8)