Aston Martin DBS revealed

I can't really see anything being wrong with the interior. If you think it's too dark, well specify annother colour then... It's Aston Martin, they can make it in any colour you want. The exterior, well the reason they don't change it is because it is beautiful and will continue to be. After all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it... After all, the DB9 is barely four years old.

The funny thing though, is that I rarely see the same users who complain about Aston Martin (and Porsche) reusing their design, supposedly being bland, say the same about Audi's spectacularly bland design.

OMG. I want to have that cars babies.

Sexy time.

/Utterly, utterly gorgeous.
//MANUAL!!!!!

I can't really see anything being wrong with the interior. If you think it's too dark, well specify annother colour then... It's Aston Martin, they can make it in any colour you want. The exterior, well the reason they don't change it is because it is beautiful and will continue to be. After all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it... After all, the DB9 is barely four years old.

The funny thing though, is that I rarely see the same users who complain about Aston Martin (and Porsche) reusing their design, supposedly being bland, say the same about Audi's spectacularly bland design.

Audi's main focus is discreet elegance/luxury. they're not expected to mold up beautiful shapes. And they're German

Audi has been making small changes throughout the years so they look new but still identifiable as an Audi. The R8, RS4 and TT are hardly bland, the rest of the lineup are good looking sedans and the Q7. Audi has 8 main models with several variations. Aston Martin make very few models, when the Vanquish was still in production there were only 3 separate models. Now there are only 2, I don't think it's too much to ask to change up the designs a little bit.

2008-Aston-Martin-DBS-Side-City-1280x960.jpg

That is such a beautiful picture. My new desktop background.

Last edited:
Screw it here goes...
I love the baby Aston, i loved the Vanquish and the DB7 etc.

The DB9 always looked cold to me... and it's worse with the DBS, seems a bit *cough* riced.

Last edited:
Y'know come to think of it, it's a bit like a DBR9 race car, but toned down

Screw it here goes...
I love the baby Aston, i loved the Vanquish and the DB7 etc.

The DB9 always looked cold to me... and it's worse with the DBS, seems a bit *cough* riced.

I agree!

I too prefer the old, crap Astons. The old V8 Vantage was one of the most badass cars ever built, the DB7 vantage was truely gorgeous, the Vanquish had the interior of a Mondeo and a crappy paddle box, until the end of it's life it finally got a good manual box with the absolutely stunning Vanqish S.

01.jpg

You may disagree, I'm sure you will, but I think it's far better looking that the current range of sliky smooth but indistinguishable clone troopers. I'd have nay of the above over any of the current range. Just hopes Prodrive injects a bit of kickass into the brand, and makes a proper muscle car type V8 Vantage.

and it's worse with the DBS, seems a bit *cough* riced.
In the same way that the Z06 looks like a riced Corvette, or a GT3 looks like a riced Carrera...?

I really hope Aston Martin doesn't let this design go too quicly, as it's pretty much perfection.

I too prefer the old, crap Astons. The old V8 Vantage was one of the most badass cars ever built, the DB7 vantage was truely gorgeous, the Vanquish had the interior of a Mondeo and a crappy paddle box, until the end of it's life it finally got a good manual box with the absolutely stunning Vanqish S

+1 , the DB9 DBS and Vantage are truely great but by looking exactly the same they're getting a bit less exciting. Would take a vanquish S over the DBS as well

Just seen this thread...

You're all going to hate me... but... On Friday when I was driving into the office, I drove behind a (possibly test) DBS... :D
I've got a couple of photos but they're not great. They have some of the camoflage film still stuck on...
(Reason I saw it: my commute takes me right past Millbrook testing ground - where it came out just in front of me - and almost to their Newport Pagnell factory).

It's a stunning car in person. Even if you're just following it. I was in the '2 and was hoping I'd be able to hear it properly but the driver was very careful not to accelerate hard and was changing early unfortunately. Real shame as even with the low revs... the grumble and growl of the exhaust was....droolllll :D

Stunning, stunning car...

Please post the pics even if there not very good

Please post the pics even if there not very good

If I can work out how to get them off my device (not a camera... ahem... ;) ).

In the same way that the Z06 looks like a riced Corvette, or a GT3 looks like a riced Carrera...?

I really hope Aston Martin doesn't let this design go too quicly, as it's pretty much perfection.

The difference is that those cars look functional, not tacky. Think about Bentley making a Continental GTS with a hood scoop, large front air intake and a spoiler.
I too prefer the Vanquish to the DB9, it looks more muscular and masculine and looks like it's going fast while just sitting in traffic.

Last edited:
Wow. These photos are shot in Prague. As for the car itself, I also tend to think, it looks a bit too riced up for an Aston. The scoops and the clear taillights just dont look "gentlemanly", which is what an Aston should look like.

The difference is that those cars look functional, not tacky. Think about Bentley making a Continental GTS with a hood scoop, large front air intake and a spoiler.
Aston Martin would never add any kinds of intake, slit, grille, vent, diffuser or wing to their beautiful shape without it being strictly functional, that goes without saying... This lies within Aston Martin's understated and elegant gentleman style, they would never do any aerodynamic enhancements without these being a strict necessity.

My opinion on these aerodynamich enhancements are that they have been done tastefully and not just by slapping on an intake or a vent here or there where it's needed like it is on the racecar, on the DBS it's done with style. I think that if anything this has got more zest and flair than the original DB9. My only complaint is towards Aston martin painting their press car in the dullest colour they had. It would look much better in British Racing Green, like the racer it's supposed to honour.

There is a big difference between the Continental GT and the DB9 though, Aston Martin are actually competing in international GT-series with their car, a sportier race inspired version is therefore more than justified. And from the beginning, a DB9 is a lot more of a sportscar than the Bentley has any hope of being.

Aston Martin would never add any kinds of intake, slit, grille, vent, diffuser or wing to their beautiful shape without it being strictly functional, that goes without saying... This lies within Aston Martin's understated and elegant gentleman style, they would never do any aerodynamic enhancements without these being a strict necessity.

My opinion on these aerodynamich enhancements are that they have been done tastefully and not just by slapping on an intake or a vent here or there where it's needed like it is on the racecar, on the DBS it's done with style. I think that if anything this has got more zest and flair than the original DB9. My only complaint is towards Aston martin painting their press car in the dullest colour they had. It would look much better in British Racing Green, like the racer it's supposed to honour.

There is a big difference between the Continental GT and the DB9 though, Aston Martin are actually competing in international GT-series with their car, a sportier race inspired version is therefore more than justified. And from the beginning, a DB9 is a lot more of a sportscar than the Bentley has any hope of being.

Well since the continental GT is really just the phaeton on BALCO style steroids it is not an actually sporty car at all. It is a great cruiser but not really sporty.