Aston Martin Lagonda - "We've lost our DB9 tracing paper!"

teeb

Car(s)
old Saab 9-3 coup?
Sorry Aston, I take it all back! Please, I've changed my mind. Make every car look like the DB9 after all - as long as it means this dies in a fire.

Comebacks are a tough racket, so when Aston Martin announced plans to revive the Lagonda nameplate, we tempered our high hopes with a fair amount of skepticism. Perhaps that's a good thing. These first images of the Lagonda caused a collective sigh from the Autoblog crew here in Geneva, perhaps largely because it takes the form of a crossover ? something we weren't really expecting (and something we don't typically associate with either Lagonda or Aston).

The Lagonda's return marks the 100th anniversary of the brand, best known for stately sedans and luxurious grand-tourers. Aston wanted an outlet to expand beyond sports cars and GTs (pay no attention to the Rapide in the corner), and the Lagonda's designers took that mandate and ran with it ? some might say into a bluff-faced wall.

At its core, the Lagonda Concept is an avant-garde approach to the crossover we've come to know in seemingly thousands of variations. The front grille and swage lines are an obvious nod to modern Astons, but its near vertical nose, stretched headlamps and bulbous backside attempts to convey a mix of luxury and masculinity. The rear end strikes us as very Bentley, but considering the Lagonda's intended audience, that might not be a bad thing. All four 22-inch wheels are powered by a V12 powerplant of undisclosed displacement and output, and Aston envisions the Lagonda as a long-distance cruiser that offers its occupants a lavish, functional and tech-rich environment.

Aston Martin CEO Dr. Ulirch Bez wants to see the Lagona sold in more than 100 countries (versus the 32 A-M is currently offered in), with a focus on emerging markets in the Middle East, South America, China, India and Russia. While we have no problem envisioning the Lagonda rolling down the streets of Moscow, we're not sure that its reception will be as warm in Europe and North America. But then again, there's not much playing in this space, and that's the nature of comebacks.

source

01-lagonda-live.jpg

05-lagonda-live.jpg

03-lagonda-live.jpg

02-lagonda-live.jpg

Cool, a Cayenne 300c.

http://img6.imageshack.**/img6/4784/319047856dbf1ef3e92.jpg
73pil2.jpg

I posted this in the Random Thread because I didn't think it should be dignified with its own thread, but that was before I saw photos of it. This is worse than the BMW 5-Series GT Concept. Geneva has really been terrible for the most part this year (both in terms of ugliness and the green imitative).

BUT, as I already mention, the one good thing about this is that its powered by a proper petrol V12 engine. No hybrid garbage here. Now that I said that, take it away, I never want to see it again.

Also, that boot was lifted directly off a Bentley Flying Spur. Even the badge looks pretty much the same.
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2009/03/04/05-lagonda-live_.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2009/03/04/7d9abe57fcc99fb405a8fcc2d7d7e9f0_1.jpg
Just angled up a bit.

Last edited:
They should call it the "Aston Martin Audi Q7 Uglymonkfish Concept"

The original Lagonda wasn't easy on the eye, but in a good way. And it was the lowest car ever. This is just the most potatoeshaped car ever.

Last edited:
I don't think I can vomit enough.

Now you see, that is not acceptable.

Aston, what is wrong with you?

I'm predicting it'll sell like hotcakes though. I mean, at least it's no Cayenne.

Both my sister and I had the same reaction, which was to cringe away from the screen, go 'what the FUCK is that!?' then start sobbing quietly, 'take it away! Please take it away!' Once we calmed down though we realised it's actually a Bentley and just got confused.

no no, no no no, no, NO!

Good luck seeing anything but sky and Cayenne's out that rear window.

It looks like a wannabe tank. Or, in other words, like an Audi Q7 sedan with a Koenigsegg windscreen/roofline. Or, in just one word: hideous. Even having a proper engine doesn't help.

All those people look ill and I'm not surprised. Front and rear look awful, but from the side it's not too bad. Maybe AM are trying to keep in the spirit of the old Lagonda...

Anyway, why do they need an SUV?

aston_martin_lagonda.jpg

God I miss you.

And to reiterate, a fucking crossover? I'll just be out the back, shooting myself.