Aston Martin Vanquish: new carbonfibre flagship unveiled

Agreed, I much prefer the old Vantage over the old DBS (at least styling-wise). I think it is the headlight and gaudy grille of the DBS that turn me off to it.

My sister just emailed me with "Yeah baby" followed by pictures of this carbage.

I must be looking at a different car. This Vanquish looks incredible. I agree it would look better with a different splitter, but that aside, I find this stunning.

Agreed.

I must be looking at a different car. This Vanquish looks incredible. I agree it would look better with a different splitter, but that aside, I find this stunning.

Totally agree. The splitter is a bit shouty but the rest is awesome.

The least Callumy, and fucking beautiful... also the last Aston.

Aston%20Martin%20Vanquish.jpg
I don't understand this line of thinking. What's wrong with not only the looks, but the performance of the subsequent DB9, V8 and V12 Vantages? How are these not *proper* Astons? Is it because they worked?

I don't understand this line of thinking. What's wrong with not only the looks, but the performance of the subsequent DB9, V8 and V12 Vantages? How are these not *proper* Astons? Is it because they worked?

DB9 and V8 diluted the brand.

DB9 and V8 diluted the brand.
How so? Two of the most beautiful looking cars ever made. Both with soundtracks worthy of Valhalla. Both of them far more reliable than Astons of old. Both of them considered far away (amongst the auto journalist cognoscenti) superior to their predecessors.

Again, not trying to pick a fight, but how did these two seemingly wonderful cars do anything BUT strengthen the brand?

DB9 and the Vantage duo were the best cars Aston made. I don't like the DBS, it's too kitchy, the DB9 has nicer, flowing lines and even though it's a manual, I prefer the much much cleaner design, inside and out of the DB9.

Is that STILL the same pop up nav unit? And the same tach which doesn't bother to actually show the redline? They really need to try harder.

A aston should never look more agressive than the Lamborghini of the same model year.
I think this car looks absolutely stunning. I can't find a thing in its looks that I really hate.

Something is wrong with this board... the end of the world truly is upon us.
The Nissan Juke Nismo / Nissan Juke R gets paraises from members here and a new Aston Martin... does not? Ofcourse I realize, it's all personal opinion... but c'mon.

Hope this car sells well. Aston Martin has definetly done a good job here... no offense to anyone but it looks a lot better than the 458 Ferrari.

A aston should never look more agressive than the Lamborghini of the same model year.
I think this car looks absolutely stunning. I can't find a thing in its looks that I really hate.

Something is wrong with this board... the end of the world truly is upon us.
The Nissan Juke Nismo / Nissan Juke R gets paraises from members here and a new Aston Martin... does not? Ofcourse I realize, it's all personal opinion... but c'mon.

Hope this car sells well. Aston Martin has definetly done a good job here... no offense to anyone but it looks a lot better than the 458 Ferrari.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, since the majority of opinions being voiced on an Internet board are based on almost no real substance anyway by people who know what they're talking about. If said opinions on exotic cars make no sense, just chalk it up as nonsense and freely call them out on it.

Interesting example, because most of us who didn't grow up in that era actually find the looks of the Vantage much cooler and more aggressive.

As classy as the standard silver is... I'd always go home in the blue muscle car version... Tent=Pitched

Is that STILL the same pop up nav unit? And the same tach which doesn't bother to actually show the redline? They really need to try harder.

Redlines are useless on street cars. The peak horsepower will be different for every engine, so it's not useful as a shift indicator, and the rev limiter will keep you from blowing up (on upshifts anyway). The rev limiter is almost always in a different spot than the redline anyway. I always got the impression the redline was for style now more than anything.

OMG I JIZZED WHEN I SAW THIS ITS SO BEAUTIFUL

This is serious. That is one seriously fucking sweet automobile.

I guess Aston really does want to get stuck into the "tweek rather than redesign" thing 911s have going. Though I guess this does differentiate itself better than others.

Don't like them bringing back the name, even though it was just a few years back. Aston's to me = class with some oomph. To me, it seems like they are letting some boyracer bits get slapped onto the semi- same old design.

^ Actually completely agree. I still think it looks incredibly beautiful (this they've got right unlike Porsche) but even so I'd like to see updated headlights - maybe outlines like the rear lights. Definitely agree with Aston = class with oomph.