Aston Martin Vulcan

Me likey. Much better than the recent Zagato AM efforts.

The thing about Astons is that the only reason - and I mean the ONLY reason - for buying them is for their looks. In every other aspect other carmakers do a considerably better job. Good looks have been the reason why Aston Martin went from a practically dead brand to a story of success. Before the Vanquish or the DB9, nobody whatsoever took any notice of Aston outside of Britain. So as long as Aston Martin keeps up the breathtakingly beautiful design, everything will be fine. If they don't, they'll be where they started at the beginning of the millenium again in no time.

So under that consideration I'm sorry but what they show here, is painfully ugly.

Last edited:
The thing about Astons is that the only reason - and I mean the ONLY reason - for buying them is for their looks. In every other aspect other carmakers do a considerably better job.

I agree - Top Gear's unintentional comedy reviews make this obvious. "The BMW is 3x better. The Mercedes is 4x better. But blah blah British, sound, worship the queen and fingerbang her dogs, the Aston wins!"

Thing is, I don't think they've had as pretty a car as the DB9 since. It's all just been DB9s with e-bay mods stuck on - more vents. Flashier wheels. Carbon fibre.

They did need a new car, but this looks like a modified Corvette or Supra

gcdxdyl1ut9ct2zx7dwc.jpg

1999_toyota_veilside_supra_evo-1.jpg

Last edited:
The thing about Astons is that the only reason - and I mean the ONLY reason - for buying them is for their looks. In every other aspect other carmakers do a considerably better job. Good looks have been the reason why Aston Martin went from a practically dead brand to a story of success. Before the Vanquish or the DB9, nobody whatsoever took any notice of Aston outside of Britain. So as long as Aston Martin keeps up the breathtakingly beautiful design, everything will be fine. If they don't, they'll be where they started at the beginning of the millenium again in no time.

So under that consideration I'm sorry but what they show here, is painfully ugly.
I can't believe this, but I'm finding myself agreeing with you. :p

It's not what I'd call ?ber pretty but DAMN that's way better.

Agreed, but it still looks nothing like an Aston. Compare a DB5 with the modern cars, even the One-77, and you can see the DNA. There is none of that in the Vulcan. Even with the classic shaped intake in the nose it could be the next gen Corvette.

I get your point.

Too bad it's only going to be a racecar.

you forgot image. i think AM is one of the only sportscarbrands you can arrive in, and don't be stamped as a tool right away...

[video=youtube;oQ1OI-PXZ7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ1OI-PXZ7Q[/video]

v1.jpg

v2.jpg

v3.jpg

v4.jpg

v6.jpg

v5.jpg

v7.jpg

Whaaat, it's a plane, they're all the same, a tube with some wings. Ok, this one is a bit more triangular, sort of interesting... :p

Not a big plane enthusiast, it looks cool though ;)

QFT.

Car body is where the excitement is at.

I can assure you pair of Philistines that if you had ever heard the ungodly howl that the Avro Vulcan makes at about 90% engine power you would change your minds.