Aston Martin's new four-door

It's just splendid! altough i don't get the dashboard

large.jpg

I love it! :thumbsup:

At first I was so shocked and a little disgusted that they would "sell out" and build a car like this. But now I see how great it looks and understand where it is designed to fit in the market (a place where there is room for this kind of model).

I think they will sell these by the truck load, another Aston success. I mean who wants to be seen getting out of an S-Class, or even a Quattroporte, when you could climb out of this graceful beauty. :roll:

Shall be heading down to enquire about it as soon as I get the time! :D

jensked said:
It's just splendid! altough i don't get the dashboard

large.jpg

reminds me of a really expensive watch with a million dials that do things that you'll never fathom, but it still looks brilliant.

a button to select AM or FM :lol:

that'll be on i'd never use.

:shock: Forget about Quattroportes and CLS's, this is definitely the one to go for, I absolutely adore it from what I can see, especially the wooden interior trim is in my favour, hope that car goes into production though I'll very probably never be able to own it.

Seeing it more practical, this is the logical step Aston Martion had to make. I'm glad that Land Rover belongs to the Ford portfolio as well, so there's no need to built an ugly offroader monster like another formerly only sportscar manufactor did before they announced the production of their four door saloon ;)

mautzel said:
:shock: Forget about Quattroportes and CLS's, this is definitely the one to go for, I absolutely adore it from what I can see, especially the wooden interior trim is in my favour, hope that car goes into production though I'll very probably never be able to own it.

Seeing it more practical, this is the logical step Aston Martion had to make. I'm glad that Land Rover belongs to the Ford portfolio as well, so there's no need to built an ugly offroader monster like another formerly only sportscar manufactor did before they announced the production of their four door saloon ;)
to go a little off topic, i also am impressed with the way Ford is handling all of these other companies. i was sorely disappointed when i heard that Ford was buying Aston, and Jag and LR as well. But they've actually managed to keep Aston on its feet. think back a few years, the only car AM made was the vanquish. now they have 5 models with more on the way!

it just doesn't look right. if you have an aston 4door it mustn't look like a streched db9. it must look similar, but not identical.
in theory it sounds good: bringing back an old name. like maserati made a 4door because it wasnt something new, it was always there. thats why i wouldn't mind if lambo brought back the lm002(but it would have to be EXTREMELY insane to get to wear the badge...). but i DO mind if porsche go and make an off-roader - there never has been, so why make it now???

i just love it :D and hey we all like the db9... at least i do. So in my opinion it doesn't matter at all that it looks a lot like it. And the V8 Vantage looks also a lot like a DB9. When AM would have changed it too much it wouldnt be Astonish anymore :D Great car! :thumbsup:

bahnstormer said:
any rear leg room? me think not

Are you kidding?

img02.jpg

Look at the rear legroom. The distance between the front of the rear seats and the back of the front seats is about a foot and a half! (remember to measure from the pivot point of the front seat, since measuring from the headrests doesn't make any sense.)

I really like it! :mrgreen: Only one thing to say, Maserati, get the fu*k off the road! ;)

could you stop talking about porsche only having made sports cars in the past, please?

check out these, not very 911-ish:

bw_lkw_00-25t_gl_porsche_597-001i.jpg

64.jpg

1989_975.jpg

400px-PanzerVI_TigerII_Porsche1.jpg

Someone is milking the DB9 design. :roll: :thumbsdown:

The Vantage V8 looked very similar but I guess you make nothing of the similarity. Now that this ALSO looks like the DB9 it will make the DB9 look old looking. I like the idea of a 4 door aston but they could have been as unique as they were with the interior and make the exterior design much better than this stretched DB9 with 2 more doors. :thumbsdown:

Un-Dee said:
could you stop talking about porsche only having made sports cars in the past, please?

Yeah, especially as every private customer could order them at the dealership of their choice and drive them in public - and why don't you put the Seat Ibiza in the line-up as well as Porsche did the major development part on it :?

Come on, Porsche is a sportscar manufactor and has been for the last 50 years - you don't judge Lamborghini by its tractors or wine, either!

Regarding rear legroom, in the topgear.com article, it says the Aston is as big as a new S-Class or Quartraporte so it should definatly have adaqute legroom.

btw: Since looking at it again, I rekon the rear looks a bit out of proportion. It looks a bit slab sided and a bit Ford-ish...I dunno :dunno:

large.jpg
[/quote]

I think that dashboard is the best I've ever seen... :shock: Can't wait to see what the instruments look like. But the car itself... meh. Just looks like another Aston, stretched a bit. I don't think it looks that great, to be honest.

But the car itself... meh. Just looks like another Aston, stretched a bit. I don't think it looks that great, to be honest.

every other astin looks great, so this one should be great too :roll:

mautzel said:
and why don't you put he Seat Ibiza in the line-up as well as Porsche did the major development part on it :?

they did? :shock:

why? i taught porsche basically is afraid like hell of VAG, why would they make their car?

and i also taught it was basically a golf in another shell, so what has porsche done to it?