Aston Martin's new four-door

bone said:
mautzel said:
and why don't you put he Seat Ibiza in the line-up as well as Porsche did the major development part on it :?

they did? :shock:

why? i taught porsche basically is afraid like hell of VAG, why would they make their car?

and i also taught it was basically a golf in another shell, so what has porsche done to it?

Porsche bought about 20% of VW ;) and the Piech family basically owns Porsche...isnt that enough connection for you?

bone said:
mautzel said:
and why don't you put he Seat Ibiza in the line-up as well as Porsche did the major development part on it :?

why? i taught porsche basically is afraid like hell of VAG, why would they make their car?

and i also taught it was basically a golf in another shell, so what has porsche done to it?
If anything, the Ibiza is a VW Polo in another shell, not a Golf. ;)

I didn't know that Porsche did major development on the Ibiza, but saying that Porsche is afraid of VAG is nonsense. There are strong connections between the two. Just to give two examples, the Touareg and the Cayenne are basically identical, they're just styled a little differently, and Porsche will use VAG's fancy DSG-direct shift gearbox in the upcoming 911 turbo.

bone said:
mautzel said:

Similar to Lotus, Porsche does lots of development works for other manufactors as well, for example, I don't remember exactly whether it was the Skoda Format or the Lada Samara they had a hand in as well.
I'm speaking of the first generation Seat Ibiza from the mid eighties, since the mid 1990's the Ibiza is based on the Polo chassis as far as I know, and I don't know how much they were intergarted into development but they were (engine / handling, as far as I remember). Porsche and VAG often worked together in the past, most obvious ist the connection between the VW Beetle and the Porsche 356, and I think VW had something to do with the 914 as well - for sure the 924 used VAG components.

But let's stop talking about Ladas, Skodas and Seats and get our minds back to that wonderfully four door Aston Martin :)

:offtopic:
:p
Though, I agree, they milk the DB9-design to much. It's a beautiful car, but I thought about the next Mondeo looking like one. It would look marvolous, but I do belive it would've made it to common.. And that ain't good... :thumbsdown:

ASTON keep the two doors PLEASE!!!.. and non convertible.

Shawn_230 said:
and the first person to say Aston shouldn't be making sedans/saloons because it goes against their pedigree or whatever, is going to have their dog boned by me, a la Clarkson.

I don't see how could anyone say something like that, since Aston has been making sedans for 30 years now.

1979_wedgeLagonda-L.jpg

Hey I found more images:
0602_rapide_02_445.jpg

^Thats not as much legroom as I would have thought. Didn't they say this had the wheelbase of an S-Class? Style over practicality I guess..
0602_rapide_04_445.jpg

^My thoughts confirmed. Its not that big...I don't care though lol!
0602_rapide_05_445.jpg

0602_rapide_06_445.jpg

These images are all available in a bigger size over here
Wallpaper is available here

A chessboard! The true epitome of luxury! :shock: :drool:

It's about time we had more non-electronic entertainment in our automovehicles. The Porsche Panamera had better come with Parcheesi, or I'm gonna revolt! :x

jensked said:
I got to see those Aston Martins today at the European Motor Show Brussels...man they sure looked nice. Of course they don't let you touch em or get close. :x

They do if you want to buy one. :p

http://img359.imageshack.**/img359/9928/tobythev8vantage6gt8an.jpg

Show off :p

The only pics I got of that Aston was from waay behind a velvet rope :roll:

So Janus, how long til it arrives again. Its a long time eh??

What happens if you're playing chess in the back and you go round a really tight corner. :p

I like fast cars with more than 2 seats 'cause then your mates could share the experience aswell :thumbsup: and
I don't know why but the two tone interior looks cool, it would look rubbish on any other car.

Suppose I better start saving....

Evo7 said:
What happens if you're playing chess in the back and you go round a really tight corner. :p

Magnetic chessboard? :lol:

Is that a Nokia 8800 series phone they have in this car? Looks like it..

:)