• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Asus & nVidia Quad GPU SLI [4x7800GT]

TechZ

Captain Internet
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Audi TT '08 (Sold) S8 '02 (Sold)
There is just no limit I guess :mrgreen:

Now all we need is a Quad 7800GTX 512MB pair of cards. :shock:

---------------------------

Tom's Hardware has 2 ASUS GeForce N7800GT Dual for some QUAD GPU SLI action:

Enter Asus with its brand new Extreme GeForce 7800 GT Dual. This monster of a graphics chip sports two 7800 GT chips running in parallel. We'd like to note a few things that are special about this card. First, only 2000 samples of this my-card-is-faster-than-your-card graphics board exist, worldwide. Second, the THG lab received two of them. Third, although the cards lack the usual SLI connectors, two of these monsters can nonetheless be combined via SLI. That means we can now achieve Quad SLI with four GeForce 7800 GT chips and a total of 1 GB of video memory.

The cards don't draw their power from the system's power supply, but rather their own little power bricks, which are attached via the cards' ATX shields - if these aren't connected, the system won't boot. The second hurdle is the driver; only the 77.77 graphics driver from Asus (found on the CD) will get the cards up and running. Installing NVIDIA's reference driver instead will handicap the SLI configuration - only one chip on one of the cards will actually run. Additionally, only one card should be installed at first. If the drivers have been installed and the card is running correctly, Windows won't display a BSOD - which is always good news.

LINK: Click Here

i wanna that technology to my laptop!

I forget which WIRED issue it was but they had the mathematical calculation for the absolute processing limit for silicon based chips....its alot. Actually I learned that they have all this high tech stuff years in advance they just wanna milk us for all were worth before releaseing anything new. Good business but it sucks for us.

It's never going to end...but it's good to see that the underdogs I use for my system (AMD FX-51 & BFG 5950U) are finally getting the respect they deserve, and nVidia are getting the big progress in graphics and GPU power.

wooflepoof said:
I forget which WIRED issue it was but they had the mathematical calculation for the absolute processing limit for silicon based chips....its alot. Actually I learned that they have all this high tech stuff years in advance they just wanna milk us for all were worth before releaseing anything new. Good business but it sucks for us.
Well, obviously stuff has to be in development long before it gets released, but that doesn't mean it's ready to mass produce and sell years before we can get our hands on it. If that were true, competitors in the industry would always be able to keep up with each other. In reality, we have ATi releasing their X1000 series late, and Intel still can't match the 64-bit Athlons in gaming.

But if you were just talking about the companies in the lead not releasing tech as soon as they can (as opposed to some industry-wide conspiracy :ninja:), then that's just good business sense. If you already have the best product on the market, it's a good idea to hold some stuff back. That way, if your rival announces something new, you can counter it with what you've been keeping secret.

Wow that must push some impressive numbers.

With all this great technology out today its good to finally see some games that can utilize some of the massive amount of "horsepower" that is available from these peices of hardware. I remember talking to my friend a few years back about some great video cards, but no games could even fully utilize the full potential of the cards, at least today some games use some impressive features on the newer cards.