At which season did you start following Top Gear?

At which season did you start following Top Gear?

• Total voters

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
I had seen some Top Gear clips in youtube and one day I was wondering around my torrent site when I saw the Vietnam Special... I thought those guys are pretty funny in the videos, maybe the episodes are not that bad
Then I downloaded the whole of season 12... then 11, 10, etc. Watched every episode to date.

M3_Powered

Car(s)
BMW M3 (One Day)
Sometime around season 4 or 5, probably 5. I would catch episodes on bbc two but didn't watch it religiously to begin with. First season I probably saw in its entirety was 6.

GM_IV

Car(s)
2014 Monogram FRS
First portion watched was the Top Gear Hilux film from season 3. Earliest episode when I watched regularly is season 7.

DubyaStep

Tampa, Florida but now in Casselberry for school
Car(s)
Ford Thundercougarfalconbird
Was on a deployment and one of my coworkers was a huge fan so he began giving me episodes and directing me to this site. I voted season 5 because that about the epp's that i started with. I know he is a member here but i dont know his online name.

JaErSk

Saw an episode someday a while back on holiday in scotland. Didn't understand much of it (because i was like 9 or so). Renewed my experience with the download of season 14 and watched all other episodes after that.

Crash

First ever episode I saw was the one in which they killed off black Stig (03x10) back in 2004. Meanwhile I have d/l'ed all of the new series and watched every single episode. Love it.

erazer007

I used to watch the old format series when I was a kid on BBC. And then saw a bit of the new series. Then had a pause in between and I resumed from Series 9. After that I've seen all the series and even caught up on the ones that I missed

NoNeedForAChestWig

I used to watch Clarkson complaining there was no headroom in any car (well of course not with hair like that, fool!) in the early 90s, then drifted away and didn't see TG again until about five or six years ago.

Hive

Car(s)
MTR
I started watching when it switched to HD broadcast (Season 14).
Then I went back and watched a lot of the earlier seasons, which I don't think will ever see a release on Blu-ray, since it wasn't filmed in HD (?)

My favorite episodes of the "HD era" are probably the Bolivia Special (Season 14 ep.6) and Racing Snowmobiles in Sweden (Season 15 ep.5)

Mercedes5CLR

Car(s)
2014 Ford Taurus
I actually started watching top gear in its old format before when Tiff was still around. I want to say late 1990's. like 1998-2000. In there some where. I have seen every ep. since the first series and its hard to do that living in the USA. lol

hell just look at my Joined date... lol. :) been around a long time. I tend to be quite. lol

Last edited:

drbullfish

Car(s)
Buick Century
Ticked the wrong vote box. After a consult with Wikipedia, I can say I began watching with the 13th series, rather than the 11th as indicated.

Polmansol

I don't know what series it was, but the first thing i remember is a camera sitting on the driver seat of a McLaren F1, looking at Tiff. Then Tiff said 'and now i'm gonna do what you all want me to do', resulting in the view from his window going in fast forward mode. Hell yeah, I was sold.

RaphEmer

Car(s)
2010 Tucson
I kept seeing bits of the show on BBC Canada but didn't pay much attention to it, till I both recognized Richard from Total Wipeout, then saw an episode that had a Dalek in it. Gradually, I started paying more attention, realized it was entertaining, and started watching it regularly. I recall watching the final episode from Series 15 and thinking that I had started watching a show, just in time for it to end. Took me a bit to remember that UK shows often refer to a 'season' as a 'series'...I was very pleased to have misinterpreted what the 'end of the series' meant in this case. ;)

Wallio

Started on 6 or 7, as it still had the old intro. After Series 8 or 9, went back and got the torrents I missed. What a shock watching Series 1 was! Been hooked ever since.