At which season did you start following Top Gear?

At which season did you start following Top Gear?

• Total voters
i put 90's but there should of been an option for in the 80s cos i watched it back then.... half hour slot on thursday night, Chris Goffey, William Woolard( who i remember always described cars having wooly steering) and michelle newman....

I only moved to Blighty in 2004, happened to see the "Stars in Fast Cars" they did for Comic Relief, lmao.
When I saw a promo for TG Season 5, I thought, "Right, that looks like something I'd enjoy." I was right. :D
Hooked ever since, every Aussie friend that moved here I got hooked, and when they started showing it in Oz, got people there hooked too! :wicked:

And now they're all hanging out for "James May's Toy Stories" as well!

Last edited:
I started watching it in 97 when I was living in the UK after I saw Clarkson do a review of a Jaguar (XK8 I think it was, supercharged) was hooked and watched the show regularly until I went back to Sweden later in the same year.

When tv-shows started to be easily available I looked for top gear again and found the show had been very changed since I last had seen it but I loved the changes... even after finding out most of the others from old TG had moved to Fifth Gear. And I found this place after hanging out for about a year on the TV.com's Top Gear board.

Oh, gosh. I'm not sure exactly what series was on TV (maybe 9? perhaps an even earlier one? there was a marathon on that day), but I remember coming across a car show on BBC America last year and fell in love with it.

Looked up the episodes online starting with Season 13 and been a regular viewer since. I've recently been working my way up through the older seasons (thus far, I've made it through Season 3).

Great thread idea! :)

I believe the first rip Vuk did for me was 4x03, but it's been so long that I can't remember for sure. I had only seen small, short clips previously to that.

I started in Season 8, but only last year. I had knee surgery and had 3 hours of physical therapy every day. I'd turn on an old episode and pass the time that way while I did my exercises.

For some reason, I watched seasons 8-current, then got earlier ones. But 8 was the first that I watched. :dunno:

If we count clips, 2nd season. I only started downloading complete episodes when they were available through Viper's old site.

Sorry to say, I remember Angela Ripon, Noel Edmonds, William Woolard, Tony Mason etc, right through the arrival of Jezza, Tiff and Quentin, and on to the current declining comedy show. I'm 40 now, but my love of cars started at a very early age.

The first episode I saw was when Jeremy drove the Land Rover Discovery up that scottish mountain. Ever since then I was on a man hunt to find it. Then my dad got AT&T U-Verse tv service and it came with BBC America and I watch all the Top Gear shows until they started repeating them over and over and over from season 9....

And then last year when I saw hessmo.com shut down I made a mad dash to go here and download every single episode of the new format just in case something happens. :)

I first saw episode 1 of season 5 of Top Gear back in 2005 on SBS.

From that moment on I was hooked.

Yay SBS FTW! :D
When I still lived in Oz, people thought SBS was only for "foreigners" intellectuals and perverts - TG showed 'em eh? ;)
And it was SBS that showed "Drop the Dead Donkey", still one of my favourite shows ever!

Last edited:
I lived in England, and like some other's my dad watched the original format, while I was not very interested in it. Then I moved over to the states in 2002, and I had no idea that it was reborn until I stumbled upon this site, I think I was searching for McLaren videos Torrents, and I downloaded an episode of Top Gear with the McLaren F1 in it, (No idea, I think that was season 5) at that time they where airing the sixth season, so I started watching it from there after the race to oslo, I downloaded the whole back log, and watched each episode with my family and downloaded new episodes as they came out from here.

Season 6, onwards!

In real time it was S11, but I was basically just watching whatever I could get my hands on at the time--from Youtube, BBCA, other video sites, and so on. My first few episodes as I remember them were a mishmash of episodes from S8, S10, and S11.

basically for as long as i remember :)
we've always had bbc here so that was a blessing <3
i found this site after missing an episode :)

Hello!
I've decided to make my first post on the forum here, since this is kind of fundamental for further posts =)

I started watching Top Gear last summer. I started to watch it on youtube and has now downloaded series 1-13 and will start watching series 10 tomorrow.

I don't remember watching it before I moved from Bristol, but I am pretty sure I started watching around the time we left there, so that would be about 1988.

This meant that by the time I took my exams and all the other girls had pictures of Bros and George Michael on their walls, I was completely besotted with the tall, lanky, posh bloke with the massive hair :lol:

cant really remeber but i think i first stumbled upon this website around season 8 or 9, been an addict ever since! downloaded all the new format! would like to see older ones but cant find them.

cant really remember but i think i first stumbled upon this website around season 8 or 9, been an addict ever since! downloaded all the new format! would like to see older ones but cant find them.