• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Atom Chip SG220-2

pdanev

Forum Addict
Don't remember seing this here before.

Article is in French, don't undertand much from that myself (maybe someone could translate the intersting things), but the specs are rather obvious. :)

http://www.generation-nt.com/actualites/8881/Atom-Chip-SG220-2-6-8GHz-info-ou-intox

edit: english info: http://atomchip.com/_wsn/page4.html

SPECIFICATIONS:

SPECIFICATIONS:

1TB AtomChip? Quantum-Optical Non-Volatile RAM and storage / 6.8GHz AtomChip? CPU (AtomChip? Quantum? II processor) / 2TB Additional AtomChip? Quantum Storage / 12.1" WXGA 1280x800,6:10 TFT Glare Type LCD display with 1.3 Mega pixel camera / Integrated graphic controller [AtomChip? DVM (Dynamic Video Memory) /802.11a/802.11b/802.11g WLAN /Intel? PRO/Wireless 2100/2200BG/2915ABG network connection / Bluetoth (with antenna build-in), GPS (with Bluetooth antenna) / PCMCIA slot x 1 / IEEE1394A x 1 / USB2.0 x 3 / SVGA-out port / Optical Drive: DVD Super Multi / LAN (RJ45) / Modem(RJ11), / Stereo Earphone-out / Built-in two stereo speakers / Built-in Microphone / Interface Ports Front Side:4 in 1 Card reader [SDIO, SD, MS Pro, MS] / Application Launch Key: E-mail,Internet, Capture, WLAN / Pointer: Synaptics touchpad with 4 way scrolling button / Rechargeable Li-Ion battery / Windows XP Professional and Linux / Voice Command / PROMT-Translator (8 languages) / AC Adapter / BOSE Headphone Music System with noise Canceling / Dimensions: 320(W)x242(D)x22(H)mm/28mm (front/back) /Weight around 4.18lb (1900g) when fully equipped.

The expected selling price is $18,500.

000000006969.jpg

000000006967.jpg

edit2: Crap, according to some sources this isn't real. :dunno:

Seen this long time ago....It has to be a fakie.......it is a fakie....i mean the looks are ugly too.

Yeah its fake, there was a thread floating around the internet that shows and proves its not true.

Apparently, they exhibited this thing on some Las Vegas show CES (?). Actually 2 of their laptops were there, and they were both clocking at 6+ghz, showing 2TB storage, and 1TB memory. The guy(owner of company) also has filed several patents, so I'm inclined to believe there's some truth in it.

Just read all this in an article from last week or so.

Apparently it's not actually 6.8GHz:
Its 6.8GHz processing speed is powered by their very own AtomChip® Quantum® II processor, or four 1.7GHz Intel® Pentium® M processors.
EDIT: Hmmm, according to this article, the four 1.7GHz Pentium Ms (what, not core duos?) are an alternative to the 6.8GHz processor. Ohhhhhhhhhhh... :p

Gotta love the company's slogan too: "Welcome to the world of nanomicrons and beyond!"

Nanomicrons, eh? I guess "femtometers" just didn't have the right ring to it. :lol: