Audi A1 sells for $525,000 and it's pink

pepitko

Car(s)
Audi A5, Ducati M796
Okey, so it's an art car sold at a charity auction, but still.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2010/06/28/pink-audi-a1-fetches-over-500000-at-elton-johns-auction/
The Audi A1 is pretty cool hatch that we?d love to have hear in the United States as an affordable entry-level luxury compact. However, some people think its worth a lot more than just that? even if it?s colored in pink.

An Audi A1 put together by British artist Damien Hirst was sold at Elton John?s White Tie & Tiara Ball last week, fetching a staggering ?350,000 ($528,142 USD) during the auction.

The proceeds from the auction will support his largest annual fundraiser for his AIDS Foundation.

Click here for more news on the Audi A1.

Refresher: The 2011 Audi A1 will go on sale in Europe later this year with prices starting around 16,000 euros ($22,062 USD). Power will come from a lineup of 4-cylinder engines, which consists of two TDI diesels and two TFSI gasoline units with output ranging from 84-hp to 122-hp. Mated to a 7-speed S tronic transmission, fuel-economy will range from 44 mpg and 62 mpg.

damien_hirst_audi_a1.jpg

audi_a1_f34_ns_62310_717.jpg

Damien "Art is when i make money of it" Hirst. Brilliant.

The problem with Hirst is you can't call him a sellout because he'll happily agree.

Damien "Art is when i make money of it" Hirst. Brilliant.

The problem with Hirst is you can't call him a sellout because he'll happily agree.

This.

I'd love to own that car, lock it up in a garage and sell it in a years time for a bazillion dollars.

Is that just a random picture with Elton John? Or did he buy it?

I've been doing it wrong working hard all these years. Time to take a bucket of paint to the Corolla then host an AIDS party and make millions.

half a mil into AIDS research is never bad, and I wouldn't be embarrassed if seen driving that thing, not much anyway.

I think it lookes kinda cool. A bit like a dyed egg that you'd make at easter.