Audi A4 2015

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to hide the screen. All Audis so far with a screen like that had the ability to hide it.

They don't seem to be mentioning whether or not it can be hidden, but judging from their blabbering on about it looking like "an exclusive tablet computer" (which it does, to be fair, like it or not) and what not, I presume it can't.

audia41.jpg

audia42.jpg

audia43.jpg

audia44.jpg

nouvelle-audi-a4-2015-06.jpg

nouvelle-audi-a4-2015-07.jpg

Audi-A4-Teaser-1200x800-4f8d5093c7e7f25f.jpg

Audi-A4-1200x800-9ffbf5f453fdce96.jpg

Audi-A4-1200x800-429078b05cffa317.jpg

Audi-A4-1200x800-adb87844da692dd9.jpg

Neuer-A4-und-weitere-Audi-Neuheiten-bis-2019-1200x800-e93a601afdb817d3.jpg

5.jpg

They don't seem to be mentioning whether or not it can be hidden, but judging from their blabbering on about it looking like "an exclusive tablet computer" (which it does, to be fair, like it or not) and what not, I presume it can't.
We'll have to wait and see but it looks like the type of retractable screen design where it pops out horizontally and then folds up.

Remember the older gen A8 infotainment screen does this.

audi-a8l-technology,U-S-415828-22.jpg

Besides the newest releases of the higher trim A3, A6, A8 all have retractable screens. Makes no sense that their volume seller A4 won't have it.

And we know base models won't have a screen at all and will have basic traditional radio controls.

We'll have to wait and see but it looks like the type of retractable screen design where it pops out horizontally and then folds up.

Remember the older gen A8 infotainment screen does this.

Besides the newest releases of the higher trim A3, A6, A8 all have retractable screens. Makes no sense that their volume seller A4 won't have it.

And we know base models won't have a screen at all and will have basic traditional radio controls.

This new car, though, has a "foot" sticking out the back, which makes me think it doesn't flip and retract. I think as more and more cars are having non-retractable screens, and people get more used to them, that it'll be harder to justify the added cost/complexity as it won't be seen as so much of an important issue.

I was, however, relieved to see them scrapping the traditional infotainment screen in the new TT, so it's a bit disappointing to see it reappearing here looking even more like an iPad than usual.

My thoughts exactly... :|

It looks... bland. Well, it has to. That its job.

Looks just as bland as that new Alfa that everyone seems to be fawning over.

Looks like they should have copied design from other cars, not evolved existing one.

Last edited:
Reactions: MWF
Oh, Ice, just because someone doesn't like a car that you like ... ;)

It's our opinion and we can say what we want. Keep cool :)

No matter how good or techy this car is, it still looks boring as all hell. Not in an evolutionary sense, just in a "my eyes are looking at it and I'm trying not to space out" way.

Still about expectations. You want the A4 to be reliable and something with which you would trust with your tax return; you want the Alfa to grab you by the lapels, gaze up into your eyes and say "Take me to bed now, any way you want me I'm yours."

You'll end up with a dose but at least you will have good memories and a low tax bill.

Besides, I have one of its predecessors and some people have already been convinced they don't need to be the cement salesmen transport units some people seem to think they're all destined to be.

Looks just as bland as that new Alfa that everyone seems to be fawning over.

Looks like they should have copied design from other cars, not evolved existing one.

Nah. The Giulia is somewhat derivative, but very well done design and definitely not bland (it even generates hate). It has good stance, proportions, volumes and the graphics are balanced. It just doesn't fulfill the fanboys' wet dreams and some of the details are too normal (handles, rear door window, rear lights...)

The new A4 on the other hand is just a wasted effort. It even looks dated on the outside, the edgy front and rear don't correspond with the somewhat roundish side. I dare say that the B8 looked better and more contemporary than the B9:

2016-Audi-A4-B9-vs-2013-Audi-A4-B8-front-quarter-old-vs-new.jpg

2016-Audi-A4-B9-vs-2013-Audi-A4-B8-rear-quarter-old-vs-new.jpg

And both are bland :p

I would like the "dials" screen on all cars though, plz. It is the sex.

Sorry, GT, but the Giulia is an absolute dog's breakfast. It's the only car I can ever remember being launched that was worse than any rendering posited by the car magazines and in most cases what they came up with was better looking than the final product. I'm a huge Alfa lover but even as a fan they dropped the ball down a bloody big sinkhole. Like I said, Audis are supposed to be steady, safe, reliable and none too exciting choices. They shouldn't offend and be, by and large, ruthlessly efficient. Alfas are supposed to enflame passion, both cars conforming to their national stereotypes.

Alfa should have given us...

Monica-Bellucci1-1080x1920.jpg

...and instead we got...

7643281454_de594accef_b.jpg

It's the same problem that Mercedes had a generation ago, where they updated some parts but not others, moving from flowing to angular lines.
Maybe it'll resolve with the next generation as well.

Last edited:
Another car for cement salesmen. That aside, it's probably an excellent car by all means. Looks are just what you expect from Audi, it doesn't look offensive or cheap and nasty.
Same here, im neither outraged or overjoyed. It's a safe design refresh and an incremental design change from the B8.5 generation

However while the exterior stays true to the Audi design language, initial shots of the interior do not have me thrilled as I feel they're trying to copy the look of BMW too much

The two tone color of this demo car doesn't help with that impression

1319046255953960482.jpg

15_BMW-335i-Luxury.jpg

Even tho the MMI and especially HVAC controls are woefully out of date in the B8 generation car, the overall look of the interior is far prettier IMHO

A4080020_medium.jpg

Am I wrong here?

Last edited:
The A4 (and the entire Audi lineup for that matter) looks like a bunch of 2x4s sitting in a shed. The Alfa still has an air of excitement about it and at the end of the day will be seeing my money.

Hey look, it's some audi. If I needed some car, this would probably be a consideration!