Spied: Audi A7

M_Bolc

Car(s)
2015 Audi A3 1.2TFSI
Spy shots of the A7, Audi?s upcoming low-roofline sedan, continue to surface. The A7 is likely to be based on the next-generation A6 architecture, which itself will be a lengthened and modified version of the current A4/A5 platform. Judging from the name, the four-seat A7 should slot into the Audi lineup above the A6 and below the A8 and will likely occupy the $50,000-to-$70,000 price range. The grainy new snaps seen here clearly show the A7?s bulbous rear end, which hides a hatchback configuration, a body style that resembles the recently revealed?and not beautiful?Porsche Panamera.

In the U.S. we?re expecting that base A7s will be powered by the A6?s recently introduced 300-hp, 3.0-liter supercharged V-6; V-8 engines are almost a certainty but we don?t yet know if the V-8 will be the A6?s direct-injection 350-hp, 4.2-liter V-8 or the R8?s 420-hp, 4.2-liter V-8. Transmission choices will be a six-speed automatic, a seven-speed dual-clutch automated manual, and an eight-speed automatic that will likely be reserved for the V-8 model.

After the launch of the regular-grade models, the sportier and more powerful S7 will debut, powered by the S6?s 5.2-liter V-10 with upwards of 435 hp under the hood. An ultra-powerful RS7 is a possibility, although it, like the current RS6 sedan and wagon, may be deemed too expensive and too niche-y for the North American market.

Audi usually shows a thinly disguised concept version before showing the final production car, and we expect such a concept of the A7 to debut at an auto show in early 2009, with the production version appearing perhaps at the Geneva or Frankfurt auto shows.
Linky:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...e/vw_audi_central/2010_audi_a7_spied/(page)/1

auda7_10_spy_priddy_2_gallery_image_large.jpg

auda7_10_spy_priddy_1_gallery_image_large.jpg

It seems to have a bit too much rear end - but the disguise on the rear-most side windows makes it look a lot bulkier than it most likely is.

Rear end looks more like a BMW than an Audi... and that's not a good thing.

What on earth is up with that fastback? It looks like a stretched Jensen Interceptor....or a rebodied Panamera. Oh please no.

What is Audi thinking with all these additions to their range? First the 4-door A5 and now this? Please don't tell me they'll go all Mercedes and make a car for every single market there is? Let's recap then, after this, the 4-door A5 and the A1 will be released, Audi's lineup will look like this:

A1
A3/A3 Sportback
A4/A4 Allroad/S4/RS4+the Avants
A5 Coupe/S5 Coupe/A5 4-door
A6/A6 Allroad/S6/RS6+the Avants
A7
A8/S8
Q5
Q7
R8
TT

Now, what are all these cars for? Just keep it simple and kick those coupe-saloons out now, i don't think all of these are necessary, huh?

EDIT: Fixed the list, if i still forgot something, live with it :lol:

Last edited:
They just want to be more like Mercedes and have a retardedly convoluted product lineup. Gotta follow the leader right?

It seems to have a bit too much rear end - but the disguise on the rear-most side windows makes it look a lot bulkier than it most likely is.

Yeah, a lot of car and not a lot of wheelbase.

You forgot R8. :p
... and the "A6 Allroad Quattro"
Other new Models will be: R8-V10, R8-V12TDI, A2 (probably in several versions) and an "A4 Allroad Quattro", i think.

... and the "A6 Allroad Quattro"
Other new Models will be: R8-V10, R8-V12TDI, A2 (probably in several versions) and an "A4 Allroad Quattro", i think.
Yeah, i missed a lot of models there, but i guess that just strengthens the point, Audi's going to have way too many models on the market soon.

What is an A4 Allroad? Why would anyone want such a thing, seeing that the A6 Allroad hasn't exactly been a blazing success either? And more importantly, what price range will that be in? Somewhere between the A4 and the Q5? So, given that a friend of mine who recently serviced his Q7, got a free Audi coin with his service bill, i can see that the coin actually has a purpose: they'll have people flipping coins on which of those cars to purchase?

What is Audi thinking with all these additions to their range? First the 4-door A5 and now this? Please don't tell me they'll go all Mercedes and make a car for every single market there is? Let's recap then, after this, the 4-door A5 and the A1 will be released, Audi's lineup will look like this:

A1
A3/A3 Sportback
A4/S4/RS4+the Avants
A6/S6/RS6+the Avants
A7
A8/S8
Q5
Q7
R8

Now, what are all these cars for? Just keep it simple and kick those coupe-saloons out now, i don't think all of these are necessary, huh?

EDIT: Wow, can't believe i did that! :p Thanks for reminding
Well S and RS make sense, the S are just the high performance versions and the RS are the ultimate in the range. I do agree on the A5 and the A7, A4 should just have sedan, avant and coupe versions like the 3series BMW does. And if the A6 and the A7 will have the same engines and the same size then I really don't get it.

There is also the rumoured mid engined baby R8 (R4?)
phpThumb.php

Could the Panamera and A7 be built on the same platform?

Last edited:

A1
A3/A3 Sportback
A4/S4/RS4+the Avants
A6/S6/RS6+the Avants
A7
A8/S8
Q5
Q7
R8

EDIT: Wow, can't believe i did that! :p Thanks for reminding

TT? :p

the back looks really weird, very much like Panamera, but that might be due to the camo. Hopefully, the complete product will look better :)