Audi Q3 RS concept revealed

It is permanent in the sense that the system is always on, not in the sense that it permanently sends a significant fraction of the power to all four wheels.

If they were going to put the RS moniker on one of their SUVs I'd rather it be the Q7. If you're going to make a stupid silly performance SUV may as well go all-out crazy. BMW didn't throw an M badge on the X3.

Does anyone even bother to read the text beneath the pictures? :p

As far as I know permanent all-wheel drive != Haldex system.

It is never a good idea to make conclusions from marketing words such as "permanent awd", and like later it turned out, that "permanent" system indeed is a haldex.

You're totally right that Haldex is far from permanent AWD, but sadly such logic doesn't work when dealing with marketing departments :(

For climbing kerbs in front of shops/schools it really doesn't matter if the AWD system is permanent or not :lol:

If they were going to put the RS moniker on one of their SUVs I'd rather it be the Q7. If you're going to make a stupid silly performance SUV may as well go all-out crazy. BMW didn't throw an M badge on the X3.

They already make a V12 TDI Q7.

That just looks like an A3 - not even on stilts, just like a not-lowered A3 with big wheels...

Utterly pointless thing...