Audi R8 official pics and info

at the moment: R8 >>>> 911

the weird thing is that its placed inbetween 2 car classes, inbetween the super sports car(911, AM V8), and the entry supercar(F430, 911 turbo). same thin with price...911 CS = $82K...911 turbo= $122K...R8=$100K

so i guess u can look at it that audi is pushing the envelope :D , comeon porsche get yr asses going!
(but for the love of god, plz dont be what the 1st gen TT was)*knock on wood*

Looks beatiful! I really like it :) This is pretty much like that Audi from I robot, eh? Just with a few changes. So much for that in 2030.

vRS said:
Really like it, love the interir, 187mph and 4.6s to 60 aint slow either
Not slow just slower than the bodywork implies.
Just waiting to find a good review of it. :)

I love it, go Audi!! :thumbsup:

About a $100'000... That puts it right in the fireing line of the utterly brilliant driving machine 997 GT3. :unsure:

0-60 in 4.6? Doesn't a vette do 4.0? (normal vette) And doesn't it cost $44,000 USD. I really do not see why this costs so much. Is it because of AWD or the DSG? Id still prefer a vette...or a SAGARIS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

P.S. Dont flame me because I like vettes.

Question, why was American Muscle banned. Did youngwarrior come back?

NAIDANAC A said:
0-60 in 4.6? Doesn't a vette do 4.0? (normal vette) And doesn't it cost $44,000 USD. I really do not see why this costs so much. Is it because of AWD or the DSG? Id still prefer a vette...or a SAGARIS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

blah the 911 is slower 0-60 than a Vette too, so is the Maserati Spyder, so is the V8 Vantage, so are a lot of cars.
The R8 is more or less the Audi rendition of a 911, a good looking, luxurious sports car.

bartboy9891 said:
blah the 911 is slower 0-60 than a Vette too
No, the 997 Carrera S did 0-60 in 3,9 seconds in the hands of Road & Track, it was faster than the Corvette... :p

marcos_eirik said:
bartboy9891 said:
No, the 997 Carrera S did 0-60 in 3,9 seconds in the hands of Road & Track, it was faster than the Corvette... :p
I was referring to the normal Carrera, but 3.9 is actually very impressive. Porsche was claiming 4.2-4.3 for the S

good thinkin, for the people at audi for NOT limiting the top speed(unlike BMW n Merc :x ) when audi said they were goin aftr the 911, they fully meant it! :mrgreen:

marcos_eirik said:
bartboy9891 said:

3.9s to 60...thats what porsche claimed for the carrera gt. . .

NAIDANAC A said:

Maybe it's the overall quality that, lets face it, it definately has over the others. Also it's an Audi so you pay for the badge perhaps?

And yeah he was banned. I knew it was him all along....

Wow, usually it's only Ladas or other communist automotive masterpieces that take 15 years to get into production, but finally Audi got there - looks quite good in my opinion.

(For all who haven't got a clue to which car I'm referring: :) )
http://img136.imageshack.**/img136/5660/caudiquattrospidertg7.jpg