Audi R8 or Nissan GT-R?

Audi R8 or Nissan GT-R?

• Total voters
The people that says they will take the R8 because it's light and nimble:

The R8 weighs 1560 kg

Of course compared to the GT-R's 1740 kg it's lighter but it's still pretty heavy

Never the less it ticks so many boxes that really shouldn't count so perfectly that it adds up to a car I would buy if I had the money.
Design - stunning
Image - you wouldn't look like a wanker like the people in there 911's (I've worked at a gas station with adult films on sale - 911 owners are wankers)
Sense of quality - it's a top of the line Audi

The whole Fast and Furious thing around the GT-R completely turns me off.

I voted R8 because:
  1. It's an Audi (nice interior)
  2. It looks good
  3. It'll go link stink
  4. It's not gonna be chased down by ricers going "Z0MG U'Z H4Z SKYL1N3!" followed by some dipshit who has to remind him "it's not a skyline it's a GT-R"

#4 is the most important, I would not want to be associated with the douche bags why leg hump anything with a GT-R badge on it.

I don't know. Ask me again when there's a R8 V10 out. Until then I'd take the RS4 and spend the change on crisps and beer.

Both cars are great, but I would get R8. I just prefer european cars.

Image - you wouldn't look like a wanker like the people in there 911's (I've worked at a gas station with adult films on sale - 911 owners are wankers)

I really like 911 :?

It does.

It doesn't have a user-actuated clutch, but that doesn't make the gearbox any less manually operated.
In that case I have a stick shift :) Nope it's not it's an auto with a gear selector ;)
I don't know. Ask me again when there's a R8 V10 out. Until then I'd take the RS4 and spend the change on crisps and beer.
+1

GT-R one reason, passion.
This is the same for me as the Alfa over Audi Jeremy argued about. The R8 is no doubt a wonderful machine, sounds great and looks awesome. Whereas, the GT-R isn't as great looking a bit rough around the edges, but it has passion.
Oh yeah, and it goes really fast.

This is the same for me as the Alfa over Audi Jeremy argued about. The R8 is no doubt a wonderful machine, sounds great and looks awesome. Whereas, the GT-R isn't as great looking a bit rough around the edges, but it has passion.

I beg to differ, the GTR has about as much passion as the worlds fastest food processor

im not saying the R8 has much passion ethier... not many cars today do

This is about as much "passion" I think is in both those car.
Brick.jpg

Yeah, neither of the two have any sort of soul to them, too much "perverted German science".

*With how much time they spent testing at the N?rburgring, the GT-R might as well be a German car.

I beg to differ, the GTR has about as much passion as the worlds fastest food processor

im not saying the R8 has much passion ethier... not many cars today do

I'm not saying that the GT-R has a lot, just that it has more than the R8. I think that I would enjoy driving the GT-R much more than the R8.

TYou can push a GT-R just the same way you push an R8, you'll get the same thrills and the same feelings - except you'll be going even faster in the GT-R.

you have obviously never driven a communicative car, and from reading the rest of your comment it seems you've confused handling with grip.

sorry for singling you out, but theirs too much crap to respond to. Your completely entitled to your opinion, just thought you might like to get the definitions right.

This is about as much "passion" I think is in both those car.
Brick.jpg

okay, then in either case name a similar car that you think has more Passion, and isn't Italian or British.

If the car is "usually benign and suddenly very mid-engined", then I guess the reason why it feels so skatey now is because the reviewers have put it against a car so much quicker that they're having to drive it past their comfort zone and close to the limit.

feeling "Mid-engined" by no means equates to skatey or hard to handle, just different. When i owned my MR2 i would always get annoyed driving regular rwd cars because they were so loose on exit. Anyways, your missing the point, so far as that comment from Topgear mag goes their comparing the stability of the cars on bumpy roads, which is almost completely down to the strut valving, and suspension geometry to a certain degree.

Last edited:
okay, then in either case name a similar car that you think has more Passion, and isn't Italian or British.

dodge-viper-srt10-coupe.jpg

Oh God...now I've done it.

burningfuse.jpg

Last edited:
^ :lol: Yep, that was the effect I was going for.

"Passion" is a pointless and subjective argument anyway. Like some sports cars aren't built with passion at all? There's inherent passion in everything, whether it's the passion to build the most technologically advanced, hardest-gripping, most precise car like the GT-R; the passion to expand on multiple legendary racing victories like the Audi; or the passion to stick with a tried-and-true formula and wring the most amount of excitement and speed out of it like Porsche, Dodge, or the Corvette. Criticizing a car for not having enough "passion" means you haven't met the engineers who have toiled over the car day and night just in time for a deadline, working fervently to craft the best machine they can that they're proud to have worked on before the draconian marketers, lawyers, and beancounters get to it. Hand-pounding your car out with a mallet and hoping the duct tape won't fall apart might mean you have "passion", in which case we'd all be waxing lyrical about the Bristol Fighter, but these two companies have immense resources at their disposal. Naturally they're going to go and build the world's greatest cars, and if they do it via thoroughly modern supercomputers then so be it.

Arguing about "passion" makes you sound like a bunch of hopeless romantics.

The only cars built without passions are cheap Asian cars, and even their engineers set out to build the world's greatest cars. Yes, even the Chinese! It's not their fault if they don't have the knowledge or the financial resources to do so, because who the fuck wants to set out building the 2nd best?

The GT-R is great if you want kids with Playstations to like you, it's just a load of computers with no soul or passion. You drive it in a lumpen and soulless way, which would pretty much ruin the whole experience for me. I respect it hugely for its speed and capability, but I don't desire it.

Weirdly, for a German car, I think the R8 is more passionate and it has so many impressive little touches. I think the R8 departs from the insane computer trickery of the GT-R and uses more honest engineering.

The GT-R is great if you want kids with Playstations to like you, it's just a load of computers with no soul or passion. You drive it in a lumpen and soulless way, which would pretty much ruin the whole experience for me. I respect it hugely for its speed and capability, but I don't desire it.

Weirdly, for a German car, I think the R8 is more passionate and it has so many impressive little touches. I think the R8 departs from the insane computer trickery of the GT-R and uses more honest engineering.

Man, I knew I'd get some flak for the Viper thing, but did you even read my post?! :bangin:

Arguing about "passion" makes you sound like a bunch of hopeless romantics.

:lol: I'll admit to that.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that, to me, it feels as though they were excited while making the GT-R and it shows in the final product, whereas not so much with the R8.

I have engineered many a set of plans wherein I toiled during late hours to meet a deadline, was proud of the end result, but I could not say that I was passionate, or that I was excited, about what I had just engineered.

But I'll agree that it is a very subjective term.