Audi RS3 coming soon!!

The thing I've heard that there won't even be an S3.
The TT Shooting Brake would inhabit the niche in the Audi lineup instead.

There would be no sense having two competing sporty hatchbacks (S3/RS3 and TT SB).
And at least the TT Shooting Brake's been shown in metal, by Audi, and the (R)S3's have only been the domain of crude Photoshoppers and wild speculators.

Engine-wise it'd most probably use the same engines as the upcoming TT Coupe and Roadster, which would indicate at least 2.0T and 3.2 models.

Oh, and I hate it when thay call the Haldex 4WD Audis quattros, when the Haldex system is significantly inferior to the Torsen used in the A4, A6 and A8 models (and their S and RS siblings).

I searched for audi RS3 and everything but RS3 came up :?

car_portal_pic_25663.jpg

car_portal_pic_25664.jpg

20060422_0075.JPG

Audi's wild RS3 is go, go, go

Here's the proof that Audi's RS3 is a racing certainty! Underneath the touring car-style bodywork of this sporty-looking model sits the running gear of the hottest A3 ever produced.

Caught testing close to the manufacturer's headquarters in Ingolstadt, Germany, with virtually no camouflage, the prototype follows recent Audi form by being disguised as a racer.

However, the distinctive single windscreen wiper, quick-release bonnet pins and adjustable front spoiler won't make it on to the production version. These racy additions are simply Audi's attempt to give spy photographers the slip.

As our exclusive picture shows, the much anticipated newcomer will feature a wider track than the standard A3 and has enlarged wheelarches to accommodate the beefier alloys.

The car is being developed by Audi's Sport division - the team responsible for the barnstorming S4 and RS4 - and is scheduled to make its debut in show-rooms late next year.

But while the car's existence is not in doubt, secrecy surrounds the RS3's engine. One option is an uprated version of the Golf R32's V6, which could easily be tuned to give 350bhp. The other alternative Audi has is to modify the 420bhp V8 found in the new RS4. This first glimpse of the RS3 comes just weeks after the maker confirmed that its less powerful stablemate, the S3, will appear before the end of the year.

It will feature a 240bhp version of the firm's 2.0-litre T-FSI turbo engine, and be fitted with quattro four-wheel-drive transmission. Prices for the S3 are set to be around the ?30,000 mark; the RS3 will have a ?38,000 price tag.

One thing i do like a lot is speculation that the RS4's V8 may make it into an A3.... :thumbsup:

flyingfridge said:
One thing i do like a lot is speculation that the RS4's V8 may make it into an A3.... :thumbsup:

If they can fit the RS4's drivetrain into the A3 body it will be one hell of a car :thumbsup:

hehe, now put it in a car that really and truly deserves a decent drivetrain, the TT.

what can i say? great minds think alike!! :D

I never thought I'd want an A3 :lol: That is HOT and look how low it rides. I love Audi RS's ever since the new RS4. Hope the RS TT makes it aswell!!

youngwarrior said:
I searched for audi RS3 and everything but RS3 came up :?
Oh you gotta tick the 'Search for all terms' box and the search function works. Not your fault mate ;)

** off topic suggestion **

^^ can that search option be made default?

flyingfridge said:
It certainly should I rekon...I'll bug the boss about it but I'm not sure myself. It'll make everything easier for newer members of the forum.

Hum looking great!
Now BMW just have too make an M1 in order to compete with this RS3 and this segment will be top-notch!

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
flyingfridge said:
It certainly should I rekon...I'll bug the boss about it but I'm not sure myself. It'll make everything easier for newer members of the forum.

yeah, and maybe add an option for "search topic title only"
and one for "search for topics created by..."

I don't think that much of the information posted is realistic since the 2.0t (200hp) and the 3.2l v6 (250hp) engines can already be ordered for the standard A3 and I don't think that they'll make the S3 and RS3 models slower than the standard one.

For example: The A4 can be ordered up to 255hp, the S4 has 344hp, RS4 has 420hp.

A 3.2t for the S/RS3 would be nice but in fact: Nobody knows that at the moment except for Audi themselves.

The S3 will be lighter than the 3.2 V6 version so it will be faster and a better handling drivers car.

If there is a RS3 it will have the same engine as the RS-TT.

Magnet said:
I'd love it if they made a manual version.
Have you driven a DSG Audi? It is one of the best best transmissions I have ever used, and having previously owned a manual B5 Audi S4 and having driven a 2007 manual A4 many times, the DSG, for me, is arguably the best transmission Audi has aviable.

ANd if they ever made it........ America would'nt get it. :(

SL65AMG~V12~612BHP!!!!!!! said:
flyingfridge said:

^A quick update on that - I asked Viper and its been modified :) Check the search function now.

Sorry about the OT in this thread.