Audi RS6 Crash, lucky driver

Blayde

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'06 Honda Civic EXi, '11 Kia Sportage EX
From Jalopnik

No, it wasn't a two-car crash. That's a single, formerly pristine ABT-tuned Audi RS6 that was catastrophically bent by one of nature's stoutest. It was likely traveling at about eleventy miles an hour when it left the road. Apparently, the driver says wheels got light and he lost control. Here's part of the account from RS6.com:

What you see is what you get, i.e. there was no cutting of the vehicle prior to the pictures being taken. It is my brother-in-law that you see holding the mobile phone, he honestly doesn't know the speed that he was going at but wasn't near as fast as he has done in the past on that particular part of the road.

Damn, that's some good karma. He must have saved like a million plague victims in a former life.

medium_407982128_9b96d0547b_o.jpg

medium_407982184_666e7f5ba6_o.jpg

medium_407982056_cd08e631a3_o.jpg

medium_407982090_a7ea1e9480_o.jpg

CRUD!

Bigger pics here

Wow, all that damage from a weeny, 20 year old tree.

We own such a non-Rs A6...damn....won?t tell my passengers ;)

That is absolutely madness!

Poor Audi as well - RIP.

Truely a driver's car...as a passenger would've been creamed in that....

Lucky bastard...

The driver what, walked away? Or was he still badly injured?

Pretty conclusively destroyed car.

Barely scratched he was.

I just noticed in the second picture, the underfloor wiring is still connecting the front and back of the car.

By Audi for well built electronics.

Eleventy - Term used to define a great speed usually more so than the limit of surrounding road, ie, damn fast

Barely scratched he was.

But it looks like the tree is bandaged up.:p Imagine crashing and then wondering where in the hell the rest of your car went.

imagine sitting in that drivers seat.. watching your entire car rip to shreds around you, while you sit there with an airbag in your face.. this guy must have had some kind of crazy invisible forcefield to survive that. good for him though.

187.jpg

And to think I thought crashing like that and surviving was impossible. The Audi driver even went one further and split the front in half too!

Well they do mean it when they say its a drivers car.
The tree is'nt even damaged to speak off.

Wow. That is absolutely insane and just sheer bloody luck!!

Can't believe how well the driver's side of it held up.

Can I have the rims and brake discs?

:p

the audi's in a better place now o_O

Holy crap.

That's a miracle he came out alive. Hell, you can even take out that driver's seat and use it again. lol