Neener, neener, I banned your title!
Car(s)
'07 Volvo XC70 Polestar, '01 Miata SE
Care of VwVortex

vortex_s6_header.jpg

123__scaled_600_002.jpg

051__scaled_600_005.jpg

s6_figure3-1.jpg

Great write up, fantastic pictures, and one hell of a car. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

my question is who the hell gave them those prices?
We paid 20k more than that for ours. We do have almost all of the options, though.

Fuck that's an expensive car. I wish I had that kinda money. :cry:

http://img92.imageshack.**/img92/2360/72007bmwm5172bf31er5yl2.jpg
6-speed M5 > * Insert another super sedan here. * :p

Ive read some other reviews that say it doesnt live up to what it was claimed to be. The V10 barely puts out more power than the V8 in the RS4, the ride is supposedly on the harsh side, and its not really all that quick for the price.
I want to really like the car, hopefully the RS6 wont disappoint.

Ive read some other reviews that say it doesnt live up to what it was claimed to be. The V10 barely puts out more power than the V8 in the RS4, the ride is supposedly on the harsh side, and its not really all that quick for the price.
I want to really like the car, hopefully the RS6 wont disappoint.

by other reviews, do you mean clarkson's review;) ..because I believe he reviewed the car based on what its not supposed to be..its supposed to be a fast sedan, not a super sedan...thats what the RS6, and thats y audi didnt make the engine more powerful, they want to leave a nice gap for the RS6. Audi is not giving up the horsepower war just yet, the RS6 is supposedly going to have that same V10 twin turbo'd with 520-550 hp, way more than the CLS/E63 n M5 and is gonna KICK ASS:mad: :D

I'd love an S6 in garage :evil:

I like it for it's looks and luxury although compared to the other Germans, this one lacks horsepower (even though it's still alot) and it's desperately waiting for it's bigger brother, RS6, to come along and help out.

In this category, I'd pay extra and go for an E63 AMG no dought. They are just the nicest mix between performance and luxury.

by other reviews, do you mean clarkson's review;) ..because I believe he reviewed the car based on what its not supposed to be..its supposed to be a fast sedan, not a super sedan...thats what the RS6, and thats y audi didnt make the engine more powerful, they want to leave a nice gap for the RS6. Audi is not giving up the horsepower war just yet, the RS6 is supposedly going to have that same V10 twin turbo'd with 520-550 hp, way more than the CLS/E63 n M5 and is gonna KICK ASS:mad: :D
I was referring to MotorTrend and Car And Driver reviews, which say much of the same that clarkson said

Yes please, in black, thanks very much. I don't care that it hasn't got the power to match the Merc & BMW - I much prefer it (the mix of pure understated style that packs a huge punch really appeals). But just to be safe - put me in the queue for an RS6 when that arrives.

I'll have it in black thanks.

Then trade it in for a black RS6 when that comes out :D:D

The center console, is it made out of carbon fibre?

I'd take a Audi RS4 over a BMW M3 and RS6 (if its really as good) over the M5. I for some reason think the M5 is a bit too played out. Its an amazing car, but theres just something about it (X-factor?) that just doesnt work for me.

S6 isn't meant to compete with the M5. There's no direct competitor for it, maybe a 550i with M-sports package, but that one has 120hp less. And the Merc E500 sporty thing (dunno how Merc calls it, their cars never manage to grab my attention for more than 2 seconds), that one lacks 75hp to the Audi, so it's really in a class of it's own.

And when you look at the S6 as what it's supposed to be, a sports-oriented luxury sedan, imho it's a great car.

it "lacks" 75 bhp? what's 75 bhp with these numbers? nothing

the ford gt lacks over 100 bhp on the SLR, but in a straight line, they're almost as fast

Okay, more firgures then:

S6: 450ps, 0-100 in 5.2s
550i: 367ps, 0-100 in 5.6s
E500: 388ps, 0-100 in 5.3s
A6 4.2i: 335ps, 0-100 in 6.1s

But i would take any Audi over any similar Merc ANY day, Mercs bore me to death. And BMWs are too vulgar for my tastes. But looking at figures only, it is indeed a big premium for not a very big performance gain over the competition. But i don't take things as how loaded the Audi is into comparison, too lazy at the moment to look all that shit up, and can't be bothered, for me the S6 rocks my world :)

(and yes, i am Audi biased, so what? :mrgreen:)

it "lacks" 75 bhp? what's 75 bhp with these numbers? nothing
Exactly!

And even though the E500 "lacks" 75bhp, it makes up for it somewhere because it gets to 100km/h in virtually the same time, as the figures you [Adunaphel] posted. Must be the brilliant 7-speed gearbox or all that torque.

How a car is, doesn't necessarily revolve around 'figures' I believe.

How a car is, doesn't necessarily revolve around 'figures' I believe.

It doesn't. I was trying to prove that it has no direct competition performance-wise from merc and bmw, and proved myself wrong in the process :)