• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Audio pitch problem with WMVs

ske

I've been having some problems with the audio on some episodes of Overhaulin' and American Hot Rod.

Basically, the audio is slightly detuned and keeps skipping to 'catch up' to the video stream. All of the faulty AHR episodes are WMV3's with 521 audio rate and 448 video rate, that's about all I know.

I've also d/led and reinstalled every codec, and I've tried a number of players including WMP and MPC.

Anyone else had this problem, or know a possible solution... please please let me know... I CAN watch the vids but this is driving me nuts :?

Afaik, gspot only works on avi's, but yes... I found the codecs (WMV3 as stated, WMAv2). I have searched the net for every codec available to man and red/l'ed/installed (also as stated in the op) every newest (or best) version, but still this problem persists.

Gspot werks on lotsa stuff...it can tell you the what codec something is if it uses a codec usually, be it audio or video... :)

I used Gspot to find out that it used WMV3 and WMAv2 :roll:
I guess I was just hoping for a confirmation that the files were like this, but ALL the WMVs in 2 completely different series? Anyway...

I've also d/led and reinstalled every codec, and I've tried a number of players including WMP and MPC.