Audi's 30th anniversary - Audi Quattro Reborn

ahpadt

Forum Addict
Audi is celebrating the 30th anniversary of its iconic Quattro with this Paris show star: the Quattro Concept.

Based on a shortened RS5 platform, the concept is actually closer in spirit to 1984?s Sport Quattro, a more compact version of the original coup? that was designed to improve the car?s agility on the world?s rallying stages.

The concept?s wheelbase is 150mm shorter than the RS5?s, its roofline is around 40mm lower and the 4.28m overall length is around the same as a Volkswagen Scirocco?s. Unlike the RS5, though, the concept is a strict two-seater.

Most of the bodywork is aluminium, but the bonnet and rear hatchback are carbonfibre. Audi says the car weighs approximately 1300kg, around the same as the Sport Quattro.

Audi has not released a power figure for the concept, but it has confirmed that it has a five-cylinder engine. That?s likely to be a version of the TT RS?s twin-turbocharged powerplant offering at least 335bhp, comfortably more than the 300bhp of the original roadgoing special.

The front styling is dominated by a huge rectangular grille, while the side profile?s key feature is an extra-thick C-pillar that also has Audi?s four-ring logo stamped into its metal. No images of the cabin have been released, but Audi says it features a slender, ?floating? dashboard and bucket seats that are 40 per cent lighter than regular items.

Insiders say that Audi will gauge reaction to the car at the Paris show with interest but insist that the Quattro Concept is purely a celebration of the classic coup? and that there are no production plans at present.
Audi-Concepts-289101024333601600x1060.jpg

Audi-Concepts-289101024338761600x1060.jpg

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/253035/

'80s-ifying the current Audi design language leads to really weird results. I sort of like the rear end, but somewhere in the middle of the rear wheel it all goes wrong.

It's not exactly pretty in the first place, but that A5 wavy line going the length of the car's side ruins anything it had going.

It's not exactly pretty in the first place, but that A5 wavy line going the length of the car's side ruins anything it had going.

This.

You can have angle-y styling, and you can have curvy styling, but you can't really have both at the same time.

A3.5? They should just call it the Quattro Vista!

Remember the BMW 3-series Compact? This Audi reminds me of it, only this time Audi just chopped the rear end of an A5.

The front kind of reminds me of the Aston Martin One-77

am i the only one that likes this

WOW!!!! I want one right now.
I absolutely love it.

According to EVO it'll extremely likely be sold in limited numbers like the R8 GT and have closer to 400hp than 350hp. :)

Actually, I like it, just like the few others above me. It looks awesome. I'd get one in a heartbeat if the R4 looks anything like this.