August 11th, 2012: Seattle Area Meetup (Seattle + Portland + Vancouver)

Desert Fire lot is closed but you can park in the Claim Jumper lot.

Hey everyone thanks for the fun get-together, and a special thanks to all those who helped organize!

Also, I think my apologies are due for making people wait in Leavensworth. There was a miscommunication on who would carry on and who would turn back, oops. Hope you didn't wait too long :(

I'd like to apologize for my Base Coopers lack of HP. Felt like I held up two people at least going up the mountain :lol:

The drive was fun though, I had to bail, like, asap however.

I'm a retard. I missed this even though I was at Exotics@RTC. :mad:
I saw the Viper, I shot the Viper. I thought it might be yours. I even realize now in hindsight that you guys were the ones sitting at a table next to the Viper wearing Stig T-shirts. I was the guy with the big white lens on his camera who arrived earlier than most. My friend's yellow ACR was parked right next to yours.

That's yours, right?

Viper SRT10 by v4voodoo, on Flickr

And that'd be me shooting it :)

582570_10151119777374341_912082004_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone thanks for the fun get-together, and a special thanks to all those who helped organize!

Also, I think my apologies are due for making people wait in Leavensworth. There was a miscommunication on who would carry on and who would turn back, oops. Hope you didn't wait too long :(

no worries at all... we were just being careful.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a retard.

yes :D

- - - Updated - - -

for the first person posting photos... create a thread here: http://forums.finalgear.com/photography/

and link to the thread in this thread :D

You forgot another classic:

800px-91-94_Chevrolet_Cavalier_coupe.jpg

:p

as promised, here is the group photo, right side is slightly blurry, no doubt indicating it's time to get a new camera. let me know if you want the original file.
Thanks for the fun times, Jeep made it home with no troubles after the resetting of the ECU. i wouldn't be suprised if it somehow got knocked into LIMP mode, which i've had happen before. Jeeps have a knack for "healing" themselves i guess.
Lets do this again, only with more tire smoke :)

IMG_1108.jpg

-PW

as promised, here is the group photo, right side is slightly blurry, no doubt indicating it's time to get a new camera. let me know if you want the original file.
Thanks for the fun times, Jeep made it home with no troubles after the resetting of the ECU. i wouldn't be suprised if it somehow got knocked into LIMP mode, which i've had happen before. Jeeps have a knack for "healing" themselves i guess.

You need a V8. :p
Lets do this again, only with more tire smoke :)

I'm all for that, but somewhere else on a shorter trip. I didn't realize how tired I was until I started down 530 on the way back.

- - - Updated - - -

Peewee180 deserves special mention for doing a fantastic job at providing support.

You need a V8. :p

I'm all for that, but somewhere else on a shorter trip. I didn't realize how tired I was until I started down 530 on the way back.

- - - Updated - - -

Peewee180 deserves special mention for doing a fantastic job at providing support.

Naw, a V8 in the WJs (my model jeep) are notorious for blowing up. Mostly all I find in junk yards are old V8s with blown engines.
Electromage and I were already looking into that we were thinking an overnight trip around the Washington peninsula on US101. However that would involve camping. Or hoteling. But yea Washington has lots of possibilities.
I didn't do much, kinda glad I was at the back, I could go along at a leisurely pace. But thanks for putting up with my slowness.

Not a problem with the slowness, it was good to know if something went wrong you'd be there at the end of the line.

The Olympics are fantastic. I hike over there often.

Well that was a lot of fun. Even in a Hyundai '07 Sonata, that trip was amazing. Pretty glad that SimSCubE convinced me to come along instead of staying home in Oregon. Great time, happy to meet lots of people.

Oh, and being the motherfucking batman for sometime was fun too.

Yah it took a tole on my body more then i expected I basically fell in my bed when i got him and passed out

I can't believe I didn't know about this...I had the day off, but I was busy with my parent's anniversary party anyway. I wish I could have gone. :(

Yeah, we had a great time, we'll have to do it again. I had a video camera running for a while, but no way to power it externally.

Was this the first FG meetup in this area?

Viper had about seventeen million gopros on his viper so there should be some footage.

So I did the math and I ended up getting somewhere around 15 MPG on our trip. :lol: