Aussies: Need a flash drive?

eddysdaman

Car(s)
Clue: It has boost.
I don't think they ship internationally but if they do, you should all consider it considering these are still like 150USD on newegg and stuff :)

that site said:
Currently, we are only able to ship within Australia. However, we are one of Australia's largest e-tailers, and expanding at a very fast rate. We have plans to launch DealsDirect in more countries in the future, so stay tuned!

I am afraid they don't.

The Corsair Flash Voyagers are the ONLY flash drives I buy now. I started with a 512mb one, moved on to the 2GB, and now have a 16GB Flash Voyager GT which I got for more than 50% off in Hong Kong earlier in the year.

They extremely rugged. My 512 has been to hell and back, and still works great. I'm trying to find a linux installation that I can put into it for a small, basic OS on the go (Not too sure if the 512 is bootable, and there are way too many linux distros out there to choose one).

Thanks for the heads up, I bought a Sansa E250 mp3 player from there which turned out to be a be a better purchase than expected because Rockbox could be installed on it. I don't have any use for a flash drive of that size though, my 8GB one allows for ripped dual-layer DVDs to be transferred between computers (although I haven't used it for that yet).

I'm trying to find a linux installation that I can put into it for a small, basic OS on the go
Have you looked at Puppy linux? I installed version 3 on a 256 MB USB stick, it only takes up around 100MB so there's still enough space for your favourite apps and storage.

Yeah, but I got utterly confused about how to install to USB key....

I ran their USB install script and accepted the recommended options (except how much space to take up), I kept the VFAT filesystem so I could still use the flash drive for transferring files between windows PCs. It was around a year since I last did the install so can't give a more detailed guide.

Which file did you download from the website?