[Australia] Top Gear Live - get your tickets now!

me and my mates wanna drive up from Melbourne. But I dont wanna drive for 6 hours to only go to a 75min show....

whats the go?

You'll have to drive a bit longer than 6 hours from Melbourne.. at the speed limit Sydney is about a 9 hour drive.

The live performance itself is approximately 75 minutes. There's also an exhibition, displays etc

You can't expect them to get up and do a 4 hour performance 2 or 3 times a day.

Google Maps quotes the drive from Melbourne to Sydney as 886 km ? about 10 hours 13 mins.

I'm thinking Platinum is probably the way to go, but I'm still doing a costs analysis. I went to Sydney with a couple of mates last February to see Iron Maiden at the same venue for roughly the same price, so I'm wondering if I can justify that sort of spend again. Would like the opportunity to meet with some FG members as well.

I went the Platinum tickets personally as I'm flying up from Melbourne for the Saturday 7th Feb Show at 2 pm. Looking forward to it. It's good they had a presale for TG mag subscribers, would have hated to miss out.

I found a website that also has this. It doesn't appear to simply be seating differences, but you'd think Ticketek would explain this?

PLATINUM @ $120 =
Excellent seat at Top Gear Live
Access to Prestige & Performance Motor Show
Paddock Tour where you will see all the behind-the-scenes activity
Access to the VIP Enclosure
Two course meal and four complimentary drinks (Beer, Wine & Soft Drinks)
Refreshments served all day (Pastries, Cakes, Tea & Coffee)
The Big Book of Top Gear 2009 (Hardback)
Official Show Guide

GOLD @ $89 =
Good seat at Top Gear Live
Paddock Tour where you will see all the behind-the-scenes activity
Access to the Sunday Times Enclosure
Two complimentary drinks
Official Show Guide

SILVER @ $69 =
A seat at Top Gear Live
Official Show Guide

This is just for the UK shows. Ticketek.com says that tickets only include admission to TopGear Live and the Prestige & Performance Motor Show.

That's pretty poor.

But ticketek also says that theres a non alcohol section for platnium members so that has to mean we must get some extra stuff than just a ticket to the shows.

Saturday 2pm, Platinum. Hell yes.

Well I emailed the Top Gear live australia contact email today and asked about what was in our package and it really looks like we're getting just what ticketek stated going by this response "All parts of the top Gear Live world tour are different ticket prices and packages." which sounds like a nice way saying thats all your going to get.

Also the Prestige and Perfomance motor show doesnt look like its going to be much as this was the reply "We will still have car stuff going on outside in Motoring Showcase and then in the Prestige and Performance Gallery but this will not be a big exhibition but We will have some hot cars and great some stuff happening before the show."

But it did say that the Sydney tour is doing a larger scale of the Live theatre and that James May is definitely not coming.

wtf, why is James not coming? I got 3 platinums for an arm and leg to see the three of them.

wtf, why is James not coming? I got 3 platinums for an arm and leg to see the three of them.

This isn't new information. We had suspected it for months and the TopGear Live advertisement in the last issue of TopGear Australia magazine clearly stated that James wasn't coming (because he wanted too much money).