Australian V8 Supercars

Im glad Ten only has Formula 1 and Moto GP. Proper motorsport on the best channel!!

Let's hope that 10 do a decent job of it this year... I spent last year watching all the F1 races on TVKoo or similar because I want to see the races LIVE damnit!!!

In The Advertiser today page 82.

V8 Supercar fans following the sport on TV in SA will be pinched badly only twice this year by Channel 7 giving priority to football telecasts. For SA viewers, football will delay the Saturday coverage of the V8's at Eastern Creek on June 10 until 10:30pm. Also, Queensland Raceway round on Sunday, July 22 although finishing early will be delayed until 4:30pm on Seven to allow for a live telecast of Port Adelaide playing in Melbourne.

Firstly, thats a badly written article. Secondly, Im glad F1 is at night anyway here!!

In The Advertiser today page 82.

V8 Supercar fans following the sport on TV in SA will be pinched badly only twice this year by Channel 7 giving priority to football telecasts. For SA viewers, football will delay the Saturday coverage of the V8's at Eastern Creek on June 10 until 10:30pm. Also, Queensland Raceway round on Sunday, July 22 although finishing early will be delayed until 4:30pm on Seven to allow for a live telecast of Port Adelaide playing in Melbourne.

Firstly, thats a badly written article. Secondly, Im glad F1 is at night anyway here!!

Geez, first you lose the GP, and now you get screwed on V8 TV coverage - can't get a break eh? Besides, don't Seven realise everyone in Adelaide is in bed by 9pm? :p

But seriously, that does suck balls for Adelaide fans. I still think the extra coverage more than offsets it, but it still hurts.

Last edited:
Geez, first you lose the GP, and now you get screwed on V8 TV coverage - can't get a break eh? Besides, don't Seven realise everyone in Adelaide is in bed by 9pm? :p

But seriously, that does suck balls for Adelaide fans. I still think the extra coverage more than offsets it, but it still hurts.

It will happen in Melbourne too. Collingwood will complain and you'll lose a couple of races live.

It will happen in Melbourne too. Collingwood will complain and you'll lose a couple of races live.

Extremely unlikely - they wouldn't risk doing that to their largest viewer-base (i.e. the East coast)

Last edited:
Oh well, at least I get my Formula 1 on TEN!!

Oh well, at least I get my Formula 1 on TEN!!

So does the rest of Australia. :p

Also, the V8 season preview program is on this Saturday at 12:30pm.

Last edited:
So does the rest of Australia. :p

Also, the V8 season preview program is on this Saturday at 12:30pm.

Looking forward to that - will be interesting to see how well the Seven team starts to gel together.

Denyer and Beretta will laugh a lot, Crompton and White will discuss the rules and theres someone else isnt there??

Denyer and Beretta will laugh a lot, Crompton and White will discuss the rules and theres someone else isnt there??

V8 Supercars Season Preview
12:30pm - 01:00pm | Seven G Sport

Join us as we introduce the teams and take a look at the heart-pumping season ahead for the V8 Supercars Championships. A preview to all the coverage fans can look forward to over the coming 12 months. Matthew White, Grant Denyer, Neil Compton, Mark Beretta, and Danial Gibson gain unprecedented pre-season access to the men and machines that will roar across Australia.

Only 30mins? That doesn't seem much time for a season preview, or to showcase "unprecedented pre-season access".

Did anyone watch the preview (it was 1h long, though)? :sick:
....booooring (except for maybe the last 15min). Or was it just me?
The whole setup seemed cheap and budget basement.
They were trying to have 'action filled' camera shots infront of pit lane but it just looked stupid (when Matthew White was talking by himself, with no car shots). Zoom in, zoom out, tilt camera, rotate camera) :sick:
They presenters had to film in direct sunlight, so you could see them squinting all the time.
And what about their 'uniform' (Jeans and $5 Shirt)....hahahahaha:lol: :roflmao:

p.s. How gay did Rick's hair look? :lol:

I hope it gets cut from 7 ASAP, so it can go back to TEN for some proper coverage.

Last edited:

As per normal. I see he's once again taking the 'consistency, no need to win races' approach this year. Have a go ya mug.

I hope it gets cut from 7 ASAP, so it can go back to TEN for some proper coverage.

The actual race coverage won't be any different - the team producing it is the same one that was behind Ten's coverage. I say give them a chance - yes this season preview wasn't great, but let's wait and see how they go next weekend.

Last edited:
V8 Xtra is being done before and after every round I think.

Once the Clipsal is over, I can focus on Formula 1 again. Oh how I can't wait for real V8's to be back on TV :D

Anyone notice Matthew White is not good at Maths, at the end of the show when he was talking about next weekends coverage, the times were 1:30pm - 5:00pm for Saturday and Sunday. Matthew said "4 1/2 hours of V8s on Saturday and Sunday." :lol:

I don't think that 7 will let it go after paying huge amounts of cash for the rights to cover the V8's I think a change is good and besides V8SC are actually responsible for the packaging of the broadcast under this new agreement - one of the reasons TEN didnt take up their final rights under the old contract. So no matter who you put up front doing the commentary the race footage would be the same. I'm just glad that Leigh Diffey has gone - he used to shit me something chronic!

Matthew said "4 1/2 hours of V8s on Saturday and Sunday." :lol:

I noticed that too!

Looking forward to the Clipsal 500 - It's going to be baking on Thursday & Friday (38 & 40 degrees) but should be better by Sunday - currently forecast to be 26!

This weekend, I watched an old race from the 2000 Clipsal 500 where it rained and Skaifey started from the back and carved his way to win the race. Terrific race, one of the bestest!

//yeh random comment.