Australian V8 Supercars

Overall the Paperclip delivered yet another boring race with yet another Ford win :thumbsdown: but...eerrr...there was some crazy stuff going on there between Paul Morris and Jason Richards with Jason being propelled into the air :| :eek: :shock: Paul was furious after his 60-sec stop-go penalty but then again I think the other team would be furious about the state of their new car :x

I really hope the QLD round will be held in Townsville on that proposed street race. The V8's need another street race ;)

^^^

They have said that if the Townsville round goes ahead, QLD 300 will stay regardless. It should go back to being the QLD 500 with driver pairings I reckon. But yeah ok weekend of racing and I'm glad Ambrose did not win.

That was a friggin huge flip by Richards there. Quite acrobatic of him!

I reckon if they keep the QLD 300 at Ipswich, they really need to improve that track and it's facilities... Getting a bit old and tired me thinks.

So, when/what channel can I catch this series? It sounds great, but I have Canadian satellite, so my chances of seeing it are quite slim. Is it ever featured on a major network?

Canadian satellite?

Mate, i'm buggered if I know where/when you can watch it.

Channel Ten broadcasts every round live... They usually happen every 3 weeks (I think)

That was a great race and thank god both both drivers walked away from those identical crashes. Simple layout of the track but it sure looked like it was tough on the cars. 90 laps ;).

The only thing I will say in QLD Raceways defence is that is that no matter where you are positioned around the race track, you can see everything that is happening at every point on the track.

Leppy said:
The only thing I will say in QLD Raceways defence is that is that no matter where you are positioned around the race track, you can see everything that is happening at every point on the track.
Same with Oran Park raceway which is actually the next round up! Always some good racing there :D

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Leppy said:
Same with Oran Park raceway which is actually the next round up! Always some good racing there :D

speaking of Oran Park - it's under threat from rezoning due to encroaching residential development. Apparently the owner has said that if he has to shut down he's going to build an exact replica of the track on new land :thumbsup:

fbc said:
Leppy said:

speaking of Oran Park - it's under threat from rezoning due to encroaching residential development. Apparently the owner has said that if he has to shut down he's going to build an exact replica of the track on new land :thumbsup:
Yeh I heard about that, I hope it stays more or less the same. Its waay more interesting than most tracks the V8's visit in a year. I love tracks with undulations in them...we need more of em cos i'm getting bored of the flat tracks like QLD Raceway.

Leppy said:
Isn't Oran park the one that resembles a go-kart track?? Really rough surface?
Yeh its the small and technical one with the little bridge in the middle of it. Better spectator track than QLD Raceway perhaps??...
Its a two-race round and last year Skaife and Ambrose both won one each and both came 2nd once...they were dead equal on points but cos Marcos won the last race...it apparently meant that he was elegible for the win :thumbsdown: That really sucked :no:

Overall the Paperclip delivered yet another boring race with yet another Ford win :thumbsdown:......

I really hope the QLD round will be held in Townsville on that proposed street race. The V8's need another street race ;)

So whats a good race? the worlds biggest whinger winning by a nose? (Skaife - sorry couldn't resist the pun). People soon loose sight of the fact that Skaife's attitude was 10 times worse than anything Ambrose does these days, back when HRT won 5 Championships in a row (1998 - 2002), and made the racing so boring that crowd levels were dropping. Now that a Ford driver has won 2 Championships in a row and looks like winning his 3rd, the sports all of a sudden boring and the driver's got an attitude problem :roll:

Bring on next year I say, when Ambrose goes to NASCAR (how many Holden drivers have or are looking overseas for a drive?) because Lowndes in his Triple 8 Falcon will take out the Championship, you can call me on that too because there isn't another Holden or Ford driver (besides Ingall) that will come close to him. If any of you are old enough to remember, Lowndes used to be Skaifes team mate at HRT, and Skaife couldn't get close to him, infact only started winning championships after Lowndes moved to Ford.

Lastly, I don't think we need anymore street races, move more to permanent tracks as this allows these tracks to survive so the younger generation can come through. If the main category of motorsport in this country moves to street races, the tracks can't bring in the money to upgrade and end up disappearing. Would stop companies or State Governments from spending money on new tracks, like the new one down in Bunbury here in WA.

skip said:
Overall the Paperclip delivered yet another boring race with yet another Ford win :thumbsdown:......

Bring on next year I say, when Ambrose goes to NASCAR (how many Holden drivers have or are looking overseas for a drive?) because Lowndes in his Triple 8 Falcon will take out the Championship, you can call me on that too because there isn't another Holden or Ford driver (besides Ingall) that will come close to him.

Top Ten for the season. Lowndes in italics and the holden drivers ahead of him are in bold.

1 Marcos Ambrose
2 Steven Richards
3 Russell Ingall
4 Todd Kelly
5 Mark Skaife
6 Craig Lowndes
7 Garth Tander
8 Steven Johnson
9 Greg Murphy
10 Glenn Seton

and before you go off about me being a stupid holden fan and blah blah rant blah, I wouldn't mind Lowndes winning a championship at all... he deserves one. He is one of the most likeable drivers out on the paddock. But you can't say holden teams can't touch him.