Australian V8 Supercars

andyhui01 said:
why are everyone I meet a Holden fan?... I get scremed at when I say I support Lowndes and Ambrose and most of all, ford :lol:... sorry aussies, I've always liked the Falcon more than the commodore.... driven both cars in real life and I still like the Falcon, the interior, power wise and looks just beat the commodore....

Disclaimer- This post does not welcome the start of the Holden, Ford debate again nor a flame war against me :p

I think Holden has a much stronger fan base amongst petrolheads and motorsport fans - probably goes back to when Ford pulled the pin on V8 Falcon back in the early 80's and didn't support motorsport much. Ford's fan base is growing again though.

fbc said:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
So why dont you like Paul Morris? If its cos of the QLD thing, I understand ;) "The Dude" was a kinda nice guy but his true colours were revealed there.

I've disliked him since he showed up in the two-litre tourers (remember those?). Arrogant, thinks he owns the track, pulls stupid moves, takes no blame, holier-than-thou attitude, plays dirty, persecution complex, etc etc...

I gotta say, out of Ford drivers, my favourite is Lowndesy and Seto. The rest of them have no personality :lol: Ambrose and Ingall have made it on my enemies list :twisted:

I used to be an Ambrose fan, but that's changed recently... and I can't stand those stupid 90 second Ingall segments on RPM. And I've really got to find a rip of Seto at Bathurst in the wet on slicks back in the Group A Nissan Skyline days...

I must say, I do generally look at him as a threat to my Holden boys. Watch out for him in 06' with no Marcos (YEY!).

Next year is going to be a boomer - will be interesting to see who ends up at SBR though.
Yeh he is a dirty driver, I remember once in the 2.0L days, he got along side Skaife and punted him off. It was brought up again when he teamed with Skaife for the 500/1000 races in 1999.

Oh and I CANT STAND those stupid 90second Ingall segments! They'r stupid. He talked about being appreciative for what track marshalls do. Then he talked about his win at Oran Park. He should just be himself instead of this conservative RPM dude :angel:

I got a rip of those Skyline days at Bathurst in the wet. My hardrive crashed like two-months ago and its burried somewhere on CD :x
andyhui01 said:
Disclaimer- This post does not welcome the start of the Holden, Ford debate again nor a flame war against me :p
Damn it! :x Your learning quick how to live with Aussies arnt ya :lol:

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
I got a rip of those Skyline days at Bathurst in the wet. My hardrive crashed like two-months ago and its burried somewhere on CD :x

Find it man, find it!!!! (You do mean the race with Seto driving the rear-drive R31 yeah??)

SL65 said:
Damn it! :x Your learning quick how to live with Aussies arnt ya

took me about 2 days to find out its not cool that you support Ford in Australia.... but it still doesn't change what I think.... Ford Falcon XR8 >>>>>> Holden Commodore SS :p

Holden is Uber, and I will watch them crush the puny Fords from the safety of the XR owners club at Sandown this weekend. :D

First practise session has finished and it kinda doesnt look good for me up top:
http://img251.imageshack.**/img251/6193/practise19nh.jpg
Those first 3 drivers have inexperienced V8Supercar co-drivers so Skaife/Kelly combo still looks solid.

I'm so amazed + happy to see the Richards/Courney combo up in 9th :D It'll be great if old Richo could steer straight for a podium with his teammate.

Now I wanna see some crashes! :twisted:

^ Warren Luff has a lot of recent V8 experience - and Youlden has been running in the HPDC series either this year or last. It's just that bloody Muller that's inexperienced...

Agreed on that time from Richo / Courtney - very impressive. I wonder who actually did the time.

Yeh and RPM rated Ingall to have a higher chance to win than Ambrose. If I remember correctly, Youlden has had a good track record in the enduros but I hope like hell he makes a mistake like forgeting to pump his break pedals after a pit stop :thumbsup:

Yeh I remember seeing his wheel at full-lock and his eyes were just>> :shock:

Marcos wasnt too happy either seeing as there was a championship on the line but I think they still managed to recover and finish 2nd or something.

So who do you think will replace Marcos next year? I think its either Johnson or that other guy who drove for SBR whos with Larkos team atm.

^ Marcos replacement - I've really got no idea - the only top level guy who might be available is Steven Richards - but I've not followed the story for a few weeks so I'm not sure if he's hanging around with Perkins. Johnson's a chance - as in Winterbottom (love his knickname - 'Frosty'), but neither are going to be much of a replacement for Ambrose (love him or hate him, he is a very very quick driver).

SBR are in an unusual position - they've got the fastest car, but it looks like they might not be able to find a driver good enough to do the car justice.

Larry has got Richo to sign a 2-yr deal so he's out of the question, so too with Kelly and HRT.
Johnson might really step up given a good drive. DJR isnt the best team out there and hasnt been for years.

The second practise session just finished and I just notied Alex Tagliani racing for WPS. Shame he's got a shit team! James Courtney was 3rd :shock: :D Kelly 2nd so things are shaping up pretty good for HRT.

Yup - Tagliani is driving with his Champcar teammate Marcus Marshall

Courtney should be in F1, simple as that. It's a waste that he's in JGTC and V8's.

andyhui01 said:
why are everyone I meet a Holden fan?... I get scremed at when I say I support Lowndes and Ambrose and most of all, ford :lol:... sorry aussies, I've always liked the Falcon more than the commodore.... driven both cars in real life and I still like the Falcon, the interior, power wise and looks just beat the commodore....

Don't worry mate, I'm a Ford fan. Was the worlds biggest Holden fan up to 2000, then I wised up and realised that my favourite car on the road was driven by pin heads, mostly into trees at great speeds. I didn't like to associate with people like that as every cruise we went on ended up in a burnout comp in a Coles carpark, then the Cops rolled up.

I was a huge Lowndes fan - he moved to Ford - Ford brought out the BA Falcon - which drives better and looks better than the VT series VIII that Holden produces at the moment.

A very short story as to why I'm a Ford fan, so you're not alone.

Social Experiment: Enter into an arguement as to why a Ford Falcon is better than a Holden Commodore with a Holden fan, and 99.9% of the time they can't come back with an answer, then they get angry and want to box on !! very funny to watch. :D

:D... finally, a Ford Fan on the forum :D:D:D:D... I started to like the Falcon after the BA one as well(well... actually before that I just watched BTCC :lol:).... because I realized it just looks and sounds so good.... plus my fav. drivers are ford :D...

Qualifying has finished and the Tander/R.Kelly combo looks to be in good position...didnt notice them creeping in the top 10. Nice new paint job on their car, the one they have been using all year was crap.

Ahh great, arch rivals Murph and Ingall on row 2 together and arch rivals Skaife and Ambrose on row 3 together :lol: First corner = interesting :p

btw I notice it says that Richo (junior) is driving a VY...has he been doing that all year cos I havnt noticed :unsure:

Lowndes starting 2nd :thumbsup:, great job by Tander though.

Should be a good race - looking forward to it

astroboymoto said:
fbc said:
Oh god, not the Holden vs Ford discussion... :(
They're all just boring taxi racers :lol: :p

That comment is the mark of a moron.

Did you watch the V8's today? oh, no you were sitting out the back playing with your tonka trucks in the sand pit.

The racing today was bloody brilliant and to not have the race decided until the final 3 laps in a 500km race? i doubt there is another race series in the world that can throw up racing as good as the v8 supercars week after week. The convoy of 5 potential race winning cars at the start was brilliant, and when the first round of pits came up, all hell broke loose. I had the privelege of being there and loved every minute of it, even though Lowndes won and i'm a holden fan. Oh well, at least it wasn't those parasites known as the Stone Brothers Racing Team.

Oh and fbc, so much for Luff and Youlden today, they both really stuffed up the respective races of Ambrose and Ingall, although Ingall did some self-contribution as well. Yvan Muller certainly did his job today. It must be said though, even though V8 supercars are very different to any other category around the world, a man who hasn't finished outside the points in the BTCC since 1999 has to have some kind of talent, regardless of the wheels.