Australian V8 Supercars

195KM/H LOL
BMW M3
SMASHED!!!
BTW Mischief007- How did you see that?? where are you located at this moment?? where you getting your coverage of it from?

Race 2 was AWESOME

Race 2 was AWESOME

I live in Brisbane and love V8 Supercars. I also watched the F1 race and that was sooooo boring :thumbsdown: . Race 2 of the Supercars was one the most amazing car race I've sver seen. it was so much more fun than f1.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
195KM/H LOL
BMW M3
SMASHED!!!
BTW Mischief007- How did you see that?? where are you located at this moment?? where you getting your coverage of it from?

That's my little secret :evil:

www.f1racingworld.com <-- that's how I get to watch V8s.

LOL, it got Barg's aswell in Race 1.
It sucks about what happened to Skaife :thumbsdown:
Kelly did real good I think- What a battle with old man Seton!
Ambrose 1st, Ingall 2nd :thumbsdown:

Just saw that M3 accident. That was a very scary moment, he so nearly hit another car before crashing into the barriers. Luckily the car was a right hand drive.

GOOOO Ambrose

GOOOO Ambrose

He won, he won, he won. GOOOO Ford

Based on yesterdays performance, im rooting for Todd Kelly 2day!!
I just hope someone spoils Fords party :x

Hazardous said:
Just saw that M3 accident. That was a very scary moment, he so nearly hit another car before crashing into the barriers. Luckily the car was a right hand drive.

All cars here are right hand drive... well... cept for the Carrera Cup cars.

Leppy said:
Hazardous said:

All cars here are right hand drive... well... cept for the Carrera Cup cars.

I know. But as an european I did think what if that would've been a left-hand drive...

Race raped up an hour ago- Ambrose (ford) won from Lowndes (ford) then Skaife (holden).
Skaife came from the back of the grid and Lowndes recovered from a first lap off.
Good racing all in all, some carnage but im pissed Ambrose is getting away from the field *again*.
Any thoughts or favourite moments??

Also not happy about ambrose winning again... I'm begining to see what my ford friends were going on about when skaife won like 6 rounds worth of races in a row... Its getting annoying.....

Cubits said:
The closest thing you get to the "up close and personal" style of the V8's was the old supertouring BTCC class. I remember a few times seeing a driver punching another through his window after a good clash. Now that's passion! :)

I worked for the Honda team in 99/00 and the best one was where Mr Thompson 'persuaded' Mr Plato to vacate the track at Oulton Park, James tried to claim it was an accident but the video replay showed him yank the steering wheel 90 deg and drive into the Renault, even the team boss abandoned him and left the stewards enquiry lol.

Talking of crashes does anyone remember James Thompson stuffing the brand new Accord backwards into the barriers, first race at Brands in 2000? 10G impact which snapped a top of the range Sparco Carbon seat clean in half. James couldn't see properly for weeks afterwards (and the car wasn't in too good a state either hehe)

Only other big one I've seen was McCrae hitting the tree whilst airbourne in the Aussie Rally in his Focus (99/00?) Saw the telemetry readout from that, 120mph to zero in under a second :shock:

The V8's rock, great racing, colourful personalities (Skaife sticking his fingers up at Ingall from the grass at Eastern Creek springs to mind hehe), and other than SBR having replaced HRT as No1 there are regular appearances on the podium by the guys from further down the field.

The BOC boys' decision to run slicks at the GP was brilliant, watching them carve past the helpless 'big boys' was great, will admit I'm a Holden fan though and really hope HRT can get their act together and do something about Ambrose and Ingall.

Just looking forward to October, now I'm finally here will be able to head for Bathurst instead of sitting up at 2AM watching it on cable in the UK.

Any of you guys have any advice as to where the best place on the track is to go and watch, is it best to stick in one place or move around during the day?

Just looking forward to October, now I'm finally here will be able to head for Bathurst instead of sitting up at 2AM watching it on cable in the UK.

Any of you guys have any advice as to where the best place on the track is to go and watch, is it best to stick in one place or move around during the day?
Well try and get some variety. Try and be @ the top of the mountain for the 1st lap and then later on see if you can make your way down to conrod straight.
From their get down to the main straight for the finalie.
Either way I always prefer the telly :tvhappy:

Just finished watching Race 2 of the Clipsal 500. WOW. That's all I'm saying. Props to Tod Kelly, Mark Skaife, and Craig Lowndes. All guys had trouble today and managed very well throughout the races. Lots of carnage. Garth Tander had an unfortunate off. Too bad for him and yes he did get hit in the back before going into the wall at turn 8. Tough luck to Greg Murphy as well. Damn tranny went on him.

All in all, great weekend. Loved the whole lot :).

Well try and get some variety. Try and be @ the top of the mountain for the 1st lap and then later on see if you can make your way down to conrod straight.
If you go to the top of the mountain be very careful. A large amount of alcohol (mainly beer) is consumed up there. People end in up in hospital every year and many people have died (and it's not because of V8 crash). At night the top of the mountain glows from cars, sofas and other miscellaneous crap being set on fire. Explosions from fireworks and fire crackers are common. Last year was a tame year apparently (only one toilet block was destroyed). It's a very long track to walk around and it's a decent hike to the top of the mountain. It's a hell of a lot steeper then it looks on TV. One of the world's greatest circuits. :D

Treza360 said:
If you go to the top of the mountain be very careful. A large amount of alcohol (mainly beer) is consumed up there. People end in up in hospital every year and many people have died (and it's not because of V8 crash). At night the top of the mountain glows from cars, sofas and other miscellaneous crap being set on fire. Explosions from fireworks and fire crackers are common. Last year was a tame year apparently (only one toilet block was destroyed). It's a very long track to walk around and it's a decent hike to the top of the mountain. It's a hell of a lot steeper then it looks on TV. One of the world's greatest circuits. :D

Sounds about right... I drove around the track a few times in a driving sim and the steepness of the hills really surprised me. The Dipper is really accordingly named.

Treza360 said:

It was quiet last year cause they don't allow you to take couches n shit up there anymore because of all the crap thats happened...

and if you're looking to go around the track there is the aussie version of the ring taxi... some bloke on a quadbike...

Speaking of Bathurst, driven around there at the 60kph limit in my little Corolla a couple of times. Something you don't see on the TV is how steep and narrow the downhill sections are, so when you realise how quick the V8s are going through there you relise they either have tiny brains or titanium nads...

Demented Freak said:
Speaking of Bathurst, driven around there at the 60kph limit in my little Corolla a couple of times. Something you don't see on the TV is how steep and narrow the downhill sections are, so when you realise how quick the V8s are going through there you relise they either have tiny brains or titanium nads...
Yeah it is heaps steep and the speeds the V8's attack it are amazing.
Those V8 cars are setup perfectly for attacking it at pace so they are in
control :)