Australian V8 Supercars

I'll help you push the apocalypse back.

and here I was worried about how the US fans would take to the series since there is already a bunch of racing categories to choose from :lol:

Well I've been following the Bathurst 1000 for many years now, and a few years ago decided to follow the entire championship. More exciting than my first choice of motorsport, anyway. :lol:

:cry:

Well I've been following the Bathurst 1000 for many years now, and a few years ago decided to follow the entire championship. More exciting than my first choice of motorsport, anyway. :lol:

:cry:

I'll be going to Bathurst again this year. ;):p

Good news for American fans:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...peed-into-the-us/story-e6frey5r-1226131663819

THEY might just be Australia's greatest sporting export.

Fresh from signing a deal to race in Texas in 2013, V8 Supercars will today announce a landmark deal with SPEED TV which will involve the American broadcasting giant flying their commentary and production teams to Australia for the Bathurst 1000 and the Gold Coast 600.

In a move that will result in the two races being broadcast live into the homes of 84 million SPEED subscribers in America, V8 Supercars will host the broadcaster in a custom built pit-lane studio for the events.

"It is a massive deal for us," said acting V8 Supercars CEO Shane Howard. "It shows just where Bathurst sits in terms of world sport.

"For them to send a team over for it and broadcast it, along with the Gold Coast event, live into America, is recognition of the level this event and this sport has hit in the world market."

For the first time in the sport's history, the exported coverage will include American commentators and a team who will create race graphics and information specifically for the American market.

"I guess it is important to their audience that the speeds will be converted into miles and all the technical information like litres used a lap will be converted into gallons and terms they know and understand," Howard said.

"They will put there own spin on it and for them to view our sport with technical information they understand is a big coup.

"They already identify with our sport but this will just take it all to a new level.

"We know V8 Supercars is the best touring car racing in the world and this just helps to prove it."

V8 Supercars is now a legitimate international racing category with the FIA recently approving a license to hold six events approved and supported by the International governing body outside of Australia.

So far V8 Supercars has confirmed a race in Austin Texas at the Circuit of America's - a track being built for next year's American F1 race - in 2013 and is committed to racing in Abu Dhabi and New Zealand next year. Howard's team has also been in talks with several other international venues including India, Singapore and Qatar.

"Texas has been confirmed and we are also working on a number of other international events," Howard said. "A number of countries have expressed interest and we are working on that.

"Next year we are back in New Zealand and Abu Dhabi and we are working on a number of other events.

"We have room for six races under the FIA agreement and we hope to fill them with suitable races.

"It is a very exciting time for the sport."

That's bloody fantastic news, enjoy America!! Good to see the sport is getting out and about and I think the race in Dallas will be a great way to showcase the racing talent Australia/NZ have to offer. (Although they still need some more local races. A 5 week gap between rounds is ridiculous)

There's something magical about Mt Panorama and the race on the Sunday... I'm yet to make the pilgrimage but it's on my bucket list for sure.

There's something magical about Mt Panorama and the race on the Sunday... I'm yet to make the pilgrimage but it's on my bucket list for sure.

totally agree. As an ex-pat, I rate Bathurst behind only Le Mans as 'the' race of the year....I have missed not seeing it live since 2007 big time :D

totally agree. As an ex-pat, I rate Bathurst behind only Le Mans as 'the' race of the year....I have missed not seeing it live since 2007 big time :D

Perfect timing... Just entered a work competition to win 4 x gen admin tickets for all 4 days... Work is a team sponsor. Not just a minor sponsor, but them team is the company name.

Great news for Australian audiences. Bathurst and the Gold Coast 600 will be shown live in HD on 7mate. :mrgreen:

Great news for Australian audiences. Bathurst and the Gold Coast 600 will be shown live in HD on 7mate. :mrgreen:

Cue people from the country having a bitch about no digital channels in their area... Keep an eye on the V8's facebook page :rolleyes:

Cue people from the country having a bitch about no digital channels in their area... Keep an eye on the V8's facebook page :rolleyes:

Also on regular channel 7.

Leigh Diffey used to present the V8 Supercars on Ch10 before he moved across to America a decade or so ago.

He commentated on Bathurst 2006. ;)

disappointed with the end of Phillip Island....it was shaping up for a classic slugfest :(

Shame about the Giz at the end, but still a great battle.