Australian V8 Supercars

missed the race yet again :(.... but I still can't wait for the best track of the year, the Bathurst stage :woot:

Yeh things didnt go well for either Ingall or Marcos *THANK GODT!*.

Breaking news from the track is the Ambrose/Luff-mobile has been pinned 26seconds post race cos of an incident Luff had with McLean at Dandenong Road corner.

I was quite dissapointed that Skaife couldnt take down Lowndes. That damn BOC car that got in the way and he ran into is the cause of that flapping front splitter.

Though frenchy Yvan was surprisingly quick, I dought he can match the pace of the 'regulars' at Bathurst. Skaife/Kelly, Tander/Kelly, Murph/Weel and even the Richo/Dumbrell combo are all the biggest threats for Bathurst.

Damn that rain was annoying...its better when it just buckets down like in 2003....that race was simply one of the best. This race was just O.K.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

Breaking news from the track is the Ambrose/Luff-mobile has been pinned 26seconds post race cos of an incident Luff had with McLean at Dandenong Road corner.

I was quite dissapointed that Skaife couldnt take down Lowndes. That damn BOC car that got in the way and he ran into is the cause of that flapping front splitter.

Though frenchy Yvan was surprisingly quick, I dought he can match the pace of the 'regulars' at Bathurst. Skaife/Kelly, Tander/Kelly, Murph/Weel and even the Richo/Dumbrell combo are all the biggest threats for Bathurst.

Damn that rain was annoying...its better when it just buckets down like in 2003....that race was simply one of the best. This race was just O.K.

Discount Richo/Dumbrell. Dumbrell will crash it.

flyingfridge said:
SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:

Discount Richo/Dumbrell. Dumbrell will crash it.
Why? He's good....when all the stars are alligned just so and there are no cars to hit, he's good! Today wasnt his fault but lets hope he keeps his mind on the track and not his Cleo commitments :lol:

flyingfridge said:
astroboymoto said:
fbc said:
Oh god, not the Holden vs Ford discussion... :(
They're all just boring taxi racers :lol: :p

That comment is the mark of a moron.

Did you watch the V8's today? oh, no you were sitting out the back playing with your tonka trucks in the sand pit.
no I was too busy riding mount glorious with all the bogan v8 supercar fans who can't handle corners occupied with beer and tv :p :thumbsup:

imho 1400kg is waaaaay too heavy for a dedicated race car... different strokes for different folks that's all, it was a tongue in cheek comment anyway (duh :p )

astroboymoto said:
flyingfridge said:
astroboymoto said:
fbc said:
Oh god, not the Holden vs Ford discussion... :(
They're all just boring taxi racers :lol: :p

That comment is the mark of a moron.

Did you watch the V8's today? oh, no you were sitting out the back playing with your tonka trucks in the sand pit.
no I was too busy riding mount glorious with all the bogan v8 supercar fans who can't handle corners occupied with beer and tv :p :thumbsup:

imho 1400kg is waaaaay too heavy for a dedicated race car... different strokes for different folks that's all, it was a tongue in cheek comment anyway (duh :p )

Yeah, i know what u are saying, and I'm not a fan of the formula, ie archaic engines, heavy cars, but the fact is, the racing is good. So i like it.

flyingfridge said:
Oh and fbc, so much for Luff and Youlden today, they both really stuffed up the respective races of Ambrose and Ingall, although Ingall did some self-contribution as well. Yvan Muller certainly did his job today. It must be said though, even though V8 supercars are very different to any other category around the world, a man who hasn't finished outside the points in the BTCC since 1999 has to have some kind of talent, regardless of the wheels.

*eats his words*

Yeah, suprised me - Muller did a great job. And Lowndes got the win! :thumbsup:

Muller is very good in the BTCC - my concern was the time it would take him to get up to speed in a V8. I'll reserve my judgement until Bathurst though...

I really enjoyed the race - though that was mainly due to the effect of the weather.

They really should have a look at the armco along the back straight after Will's accident though...

Yeah that accident was massive. Were u there? They spent about half an hour cutting and grinding that armco repairing it. The Carrera race and some of the entertainment was cut short because of the repair work.

Yeh they should just install a huge tire-wall there, not too big otherwise the fans will be blocked ;)
TBH, I could care less about Wills and/or his fathers team. They are a bunch of cheaters and SHOULD have been banned from competeing in V8's :x

flyingfridge said:
Yeah that accident was massive. Were u there? They spent about half an hour cutting and grinding that armco repairing it. The Carrera race and some of the entertainment was cut short because of the repair work.

Nope, comfy and warm at home in the lounge.

The worst part was that if it wasn't for that second debris fence the car may have ended up very close to the spectators. The barrier needs to be higher and stronger - the crowd's elevated so vision wouldn't be an issue.

I take it no Roos this year? :( same track right?(can't remember) that was a highlight for me :lol: maybe next year a cow or maybe a camel - front splitterize its legs for extra crowd appeal :lol:

astroboymoto said:
I take it no Roos this year? :( same track right?(can't remember) that was a highlight for me :lol: maybe next year a cow or maybe a camel - front splitterize its legs for extra crowd appeal :lol:

Err no, the 'roo was at Bathurst, today's race was at Sandown.

lol shows how much I know :lol: typing and an assignment due tomorrow and I'm running out of steam... god knows why I'm here but I'm sure it's helping...

methinks its time for a bit of two stroke fumes and quick run for caffiene and dodgy servo food :woot:

fbc said:
flyingfridge said:
Oh and fbc, so much for Luff and Youlden today, they both really stuffed up the respective races of Ambrose and Ingall, although Ingall did some self-contribution as well. Yvan Muller certainly did his job today. It must be said though, even though V8 supercars are very different to any other category around the world, a man who hasn't finished outside the points in the BTCC since 1999 has to have some kind of talent, regardless of the wheels.

*eats his words*

Yeah, suprised me - Muller did a great job. And Lowndes got the win! :thumbsup:

Muller is very good in the BTCC - my concern was the time it would take him to get up to speed in a V8. I'll reserve my judgement until Bathurst though...

Yeah, he's good, but a little pig. It reminds me Schumacher, that didn't have any problem in putting/trying to put out his main competitor.
Last week in BTCC he pushed a car out of the track. Don't know if he was penalized for it, though, as I had to leave home early.

WOOO HOOOO!!!!! Its that time of the year again :D

As usual, im tipping Skaife to win (fingers crossed). I seriously dont think Lowndes can win this with Yvan here at Bathurst. I know I doughted them at Sandown but Bathurst is a totally diffrent kettle of fish and Yvan is already off the pace.

Already one roo semi-collected. Apparently there are heaps more looming around this year. It could be potencially disastorous if they run onto the track up the top of the mountain where it is tight and narrow.

shootout tomorrow!! woohoo!!

WOO HOO!

Start to finish, I will not be getting off my arse. Sine I was 13, I have watched every Bathurst start to finish...

Bring it on!!

hehe... I'll see if I can finish watching the race tmr... watched the entire shootout today :D... kicked ass :D... the track is awesome

watto said:
WOO HOO!

Start to finish, I will not be getting off my arse. Sine I was 13, I have watched every Bathurst start to finish...

Bring it on!!

:lol: That makes two of us (for everything you said)

I still can't figure out what the hell the race directors were doing with the HPDC race - why not just bring the field into the pits during that first safety car, give them 5 or 10 mins to either change on to wets or get the wets ready if needed, and then restart. What a friggin schamozzle.

fbc said:
watto said:
WOO HOO!

Bring it on!!

:lol: That makes two of us (for everything you said)

I still can't figure out what the hell the race directors were doing with the HPDC race - why not just bring the field into the pits during that first safety car, give them 5 or 10 mins to either change on to wets or get the wets ready if needed, and then restart. What a friggin schamozzle.
Since the 1998 Bathurst, I have gotten up for the 7AM broadcast and have watched every moment of the action! Truely I love these V8's!! :love:

I have found over the years that the TopTen Shootout is always the best part of the weekend. It is just soo tense ya know! Anyway, all set for 2morro and GO SKAIFE/KELLY and GO HOLDEN!!!