Australian V8 Supercars

Playing Inter College Hockey so i'm going to miss most of it :( Enjoy fellas!!

Ahhh early Bathurst morning :sleeping: Got a pot of coffee to wake me up lol.

Oh how I hope that big head Ambrose takes out Lowndes and himself in the first corner! Fingers crossed :D

I was in that webchat thing with Russell Ingallyesterday (which was hectic for all the wrong reasons) and the topic of his two "runined" tires came out a few time....GOOD I say!

I got my 2002 Bathurst winning Commodore displayed next to the TV to give Skaifey extra luck...GO YOU GOOD THING!!

How bad is Craig Lowndes luck :eek:

Broken watts linkage and then that bizzare incident! :shock: Poor guy I gotta admit :(

What a race so far!

Skaifey is teh WINZOR!! Ford, all your base are belong to us!!! Long live the lion RARRRR!!!!!

Now ford fans, about that Bathurst duck of recent times....

Well the human nose won, I could go into "what if's" with Lowndes, but the books will still show the nose won.

Live it up boys, because it's definately going to be a Ford 1-2 Championship, if Lowndes keeps up his form (and out of bad luck), we could see a Ford 1-2-3 Championship.

Next year Ford will win the Championship again with Lowndes, the only cars that can match him are the SBR cars.

THIS WAS THE BEST BATHURST I HAVE EVER WATCHED and i'v watched em' all start-to-finish since 1998! Hats off to Skaife, he is a true champion. Ford can take the title, but Holden has Bathurst :D
http://img58.imageshack.**/img58/9536/pict1055small4ly.jpg
http://img58.imageshack.**/img58/2168/pict1056small9if.jpg
I think im gonna have to pre-order my next model 2morro!!

My family went extatic when Murph and Ambrose came together!

"KNOCK HIS BLOCK OFF MURPH!!"
"PUNCH HIM IN THE NOG!"

Also if your blind, here are all the videos to come out of the event:
http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=7468&highlight=
Marcos can pack his bags and piss of to Nascar the damn big-headed cheater.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
My family went extatic when Murph and Ambrose came together!

"KNOCK HIS BLOCK OFF MURPH!!"
"PUNCH HIM IN THE NOG!"

Can you please stay a Holden supporter, they REALLY need supporters like you. :roll:

WOW!!!! That was the BEST Bathurst I have EVER watched!!11!!

Feck me!

That wheel hitting Lowndes was a bizzare incident. Murph and Marcos "I love teh cock" Ambrose almost going hammer and tong. The bonnet bolts breaking on one of the cars at the end of Mountain Straight.

Oh man, AWESOME!!!!!

skip said:
Well the human nose won, I could go into "what if's" with Lowndes, but the books will still show the nose won.

Live it up boys, because it's definately going to be a Ford 1-2 Championship, if Lowndes keeps up his form (and out of bad luck), we could see a Ford 1-2-3 Championship.

Next year Ford will win the Championship again with Lowndes, the only cars that can match him are the SBR cars.

And you did.

What ifs are stupid because you can justify any point with them... What if every car blew an engine cept for Team Australia... Skaife still won today but man... what if..

Suck up the loss mate. We'll see about the championship as well.

Leppy said:
skip said:

And you did.

What ifs are stupid because you can justify any point with them... What if every car blew an engine cept for Team Australia... Skaife still won today but man... what if..

Suck up the loss mate. We'll see about the championship as well.

I've sucked up the loss, have to let you Holden supporters cheer about something this year :D but just to clarify my quote (which you misunderstood), I said I COULD go into the what ifs of the race today, second sentence was an if for the rest of the championship.

So no I didn't go into the What ifs.

Meh.

One what if is as good as the other. I'm more interested in the cars than the drivers anyways. Always have been cause they don't have egos. They are good or they are not. With the win today, its a drawn series at 5 rounds a piece. Exciting stuff.

^hmmm

the car may be as good as you want, if the driver sucks he'll lose
i think shumacher in a normal 206 would beat me driving a WRC 206
but i'm not interested in the stock 206 ;)

And now an opinion for an unbiased follower of the sport - I'm not biased to Ford or Holden - I follow drivers. I think Ambrose had a very good point about the rest of the drivers being checked for balaclavas - I'm tipping there's other drivers out there not wearing them as well, in Ford and Holden teams.

Onto *that* crash - yes Ambrose is arrogant and has an big ego, but Murph is just as bad. I admire their skills, but wish both had better personalities. IMHO that crash was 95% (if not 100%) Murph's fault - he had room on his left to move over, Ambrose was in front and had to start turning at some point. He knew Murph was there, and I'm guessing he assumed Murph would give him racing room.

Murph however didn't even start to turn - my guess is he assumed he could muscle Ambrose out of the way. Murph should have turned early to give Ambrose racing room and they both would've made it through the corner - odds are Murph would've gotten the position back at the next corner since he had the inside line.

So yup, imho, Murph's totally at fault. Or should I say the car on the inside was totally at fault - if the positions on track were reversed I'd be blaming Marcos completely. Let the flaming commence...

fbc said:

And now an opinion for an unbiased follower of the sport - I'm not biased to Ford or Holden - I follow drivers. I think Ambrose had a very good point about the rest of the drivers being checked for balaclavas - I'm tipping there's other drivers out there not wearing them as well, in Ford and Holden teams.

Onto *that* crash - yes Ambrose is arrogant and has an big ego, but Murph is just as bad. I admire their skills, but wish both had better personalities. IMHO that crash was 95% (if not 100%) Murph's fault - he had room on his left to move over, Ambrose was in front and had to start turning at some point. He knew Murph was there, and I'm guessing he assumed Murph would give him racing room.

Murph however didn't even start to turn - my guess is he assumed he could muscle Ambrose out of the way. Murph should have turned early to give Ambrose racing room and they both would've made it through the corner - odds are Murph would've gotten the position back at the next corner since he had the inside line.

So yup, imho, Murph's totally at fault. Or should I say the car on the inside was totally at fault - if the positions on track were reversed I'd be blaming Marcos completely. Let the flaming commence...
Firstly I agree with you on the topic of Murph+Ambrose personalities. It is true that.

Secondly, I have been watching this crash footage ALOT and im 90% sure that Murphs front end was bang on his B-pillar at point of impact therefor making it legal by our games rules.

Latest news from the track is that the officials have decided to take no action against either driver because they believe Murph was within the technicalities that deem his position at point of impact to be legal. I didnt hear what they thought about Murph being squeezed. I cant call that myself cos theres nothing in it.

As for the flamming, well I love it :D Face it, these 'big' charecters really make the sport that much more interesting! :p

EDIT: Forgot to mention the balaclavas..
Its harsh I think but i'm not convinced that there are other drivers apart from SBR who do it. Ambrose did a Skaife and winged about it:
"Oh but it gets so hot in the cars :cry: "(not his exact words but they are along those lines). Its still no reason for an entire team to be not doing it. Apparently Ingall probly didnt wear one either :no:

Oh and then Ambrose said something about a gentlemans agreement a few years back at Adelaide. I wonder who with?? <_<

Firstly I agree with you on the topic of Murph+Ambrose personalities. It is true that.

Secondly, I have been watching this crash footage ALOT and im 90% sure that Murphs front end was bang on his B-pillar at point of impact therefor making it legal by our games rules.

Latest news from the track is that the officials have decided to take no action against either driver because they believe Murph was within the technicalities that deem his position at point of impact to be legal. I didnt hear what they thought about Murph being squeezed. I cant call that myself cos theres nothing in it.

As for the flamming, well I love it :D Face it, these 'big' charecters really make the sport that much more interesting! :p

Its harsh I think but i'm not convinced that there are other drivers apart from SBR who do it. Ambrose did a Skaife and winged about it:
"Oh but it gets so hot in the cars :cry: "(not his exact words but they are along those lines). Its still no reason for an entire team to be not doing it. Apparently Ingall probly didnt wear one either :no:

Oh and then Ambrose said something about a gentlemans agreement a few years back at Adelaide. I wonder who with?? <_<

I'd love to see the footage from the TEGA in-car cameras - no doubt they would've used that footage in the investigation, but I'm interested to see how it looks from those angles. Interesting that the officials are taking no action - I mean if they think Murph's position was legit surely they'd then peg Ambrose for it? Perhaps they're dismissing it as a racing incident.

My opinion hasn't changed - though I'm downloading the crash vids from your link for a fresh look (it's crawling though, so won't be watching until tommorow)

And agree on the personalities being a great part of the sport - even though at times you can get really frustrated with some of them...

I got the impression that the gentlemen's agreement Ambrose referred to was between the drivers and officials - ie. the driver's won't make a fuss about wearing the balaclavas, and the officials won't enforce the rule too strictly.

fbc said:

I'd love to see the footage from the TEGA in-car cameras - no doubt they would've used that footage in the investigation, but I'm interested to see how it looks from those angles. Interesting that the officials are taking no action - I mean if they think Murph's position was legit surely they'd then peg Ambrose for it? Perhaps they're dismissing it as a racing incident.

My opinion hasn't changed - though I'm downloading the crash vids from your link for a fresh look (it's crawling though, so won't be watching until tommorow)

And agree on the personalities being a great part of the sport - even though at times you can get really frustrated with some of them...

I got the impression that the gentlemen's agreement Ambrose referred to was between the drivers and officials - ie. the driver's won't make a fuss about wearing the balaclavas, and the officials won't enforce the rule too strictly.
Seeing as they have taken no further action, you can only assume that they think it was a racing incident but then again Skaife-Ambrose incident earlier in the year wasnt <_<

I also think the gentlemans agreement was between drivers and officials but still...it was Bathurst not Adelaide or NT. What im saying is there was no need to take the thing off cos it was hot in the first place because everyones in the same boat. Also, he's been doing it for 2-yrs which is foolish for many reasons. Again I use this emotion @ SBR :no:

I just looked at the video "that accident", and by the look of things, from an unbiased view, Murph didn't turn in at all. Ambrose and Murphy must really hate each other and probably the crap that went before the collision probably just fired Murphy up to the point of not wanting Ambrose to win. But that's just my opinion.

(Preps the "Flame Shield".)

Burlap Sack said:
I just looked at the video "that accident", and by the look of things, from an unbiased view, Murph didn't turn in at all. Ambrose and Murphy must really hate each other and probably the crap that went before the collision probably just fired Murphy up to the point of not wanting Ambrose to win. But that's just my opinion.

(Preps the "Flame Shield".)
He didnt have to cos there was clearly a wall to his left. Also Marcos had not yet fully passed him and Murph IS entitled to racing room.
On the other hand, Murph could have fanned the throttle and given up that 1 position but that wouldnt be very Murph-like would it.