Australian V8 Supercars

Although there was a wall to the left, at the point of impact there was some room to the left, not much, but enough for both Murphy and Ambrose get through. But then again, they were approaching a crest, so either Murphy or Ambrose mightn't have judged the situation properly, even though they are both VERY experienced at the track.

It was clear that Ambrose was faster out of the corner, but both of them should have given each other room, probably Murphy should have backed off. Then again, they're racers, no-one is going to back off if they're in with a shot to win the biggest motor race on Australia's calendar.

Edit: They should have stopped the race afterwards, because then Channel 10 wouldn't have fudged up the Japanese GP coverage, but OOHH NOOOOEEESS WE CAN'T DELAY AUSTRALIAN IDOL!!!!!1111!!!!!! FFS that's piss poor.

Burlap Sack said:
Although there was a wall to the left, at the point of impact there was some room to the left, not much, but enough for both Murphy and Ambrose get through. But then again, they were approaching a crest, so either Murphy or Ambrose mightn't have judged the situation properly, even though they are both VERY experienced at the track.

It was clear that Ambrose was faster out of the corner, but both of them should have given each other room, probably Murphy should have backed off. Then again, they're racers, no-one is going to back off if they're in with a shot to win the biggest motor race on Australia's calendar.

Edit: They should have stopped the race afterwards, because then Channel 10 wouldn't have fudged up the Japanese GP coverage, but OOHH NOOOOEEESS WE CAN'T DELAY AUSTRALIAN IDOL!!!!!1111!!!!!! FFS that's piss poor.
Sacrifice V8's for F1...pfft that would never happen mate! So what happened with the F1 telecast cos I didnt watch it. I downloaded mine just at the end of the V8's.

Burlap Sack said:
They cut part of the race and the press conference. I was really pissed off!!!!!!! :evil: But give credit where it's due, they didn't remove the good bits..... The Idol contestants, don't get me started on that piece of crap.
Who cares anyway. I have no interest what so ever in what F1 drivers have to say. They are soo conservative :thumbsdown:
V8 drivers - Now they tell it how it is all the time :thumbsup:

Hmm coming late into this convo but I saw it as Ambroses fault... but only like 55% of it. Yeah murph could have fanned the throttle a bit but he was entitled to be there. Ambrose turned in like he was the same as the 4 cars in front of him (single file).

If ambrose took the corner side by side with murphy it would have been fine. He would have just had to take a wider line but he wasn't prepared to do that. Therefore he gets the extra 5% blame for the accident.

Hey we've managed to discuss this without flaming despite everyone having vastly different opinions on it, good work.

I was thinking about it today - I reckon if it had been a combination other than Murph & Ambrose (say Murph & Lowndes, or Richards & Ambrose) the accident probably wouldn't have happened - but Murphy & Ambrose have no respect for each other on the track, and this is the end result.

SL65AMG~V12~604BHP!!!!!!! said:
Secondly, I have been watching this crash footage ALOT and im 90% sure that Murphs front end was bang on his B-pillar at point of impact therefor making it legal by our games rules.

There's no B pillar rule this year, they found people were braking late down the inside of other cars and bumping them off the track, then using this rule to say it was legal, "hey I was at his B pillar !" so it was scraped for this year.

This was considered a racing incident, but Ambrose had more to loss than Murphy, he had the faster car, and was looking to take a huge bag of points away from the weekend. Murphy had nothing to loose, he wasn't going to win the race, and he sits in 16th in the championship, so out of these two, who didn't care if this accident happened?

skip said:
Secondly, I have been watching this crash footage ALOT and im 90% sure that Murphs front end was bang on his B-pillar at point of impact therefor making it legal by our games rules.

There's no B pillar rule this year, they found people were braking late down the inside of other cars and bumping them off the track, then using this rule to say it was legal, "hey I was at his B pillar !" so it was scraped for this year.

This was considered a racing incident, but Ambrose had more to loss than Murphy, he had the faster car, and was looking to take a huge bag of points away from the weekend. Murphy had nothing to loose, he wasn't going to win the race, and he sits in 16th in the championship, so out of these two, who didn't care if this accident happened?
Him and Ambrose had more or less the same pace IMO. Anyone of them could have had a crack at it but TBH, I still think Skaifey would have won. Between Ambrose (3rd before crash) and Skaife (1st) was a lapped car and Jason Richards. Not only that but Skaifey had the fastest car by the end of that race and there is no way in hell Skaifey would have let him past either!

Oh and I didnt actually know they got rid of the b-pillar rule for good. That rule diluted the sport a bit - Making people think twice before passing. It still exists though in theory cos its a good way to tell if a pass is clean and legal.

Oh and I didnt actually know they got rid of the b-pillar rule for good. That rule diluted the sport a bit - Making people think twice before passing. It still exists though in theory cos its a good way to tell if a pass is clean and legal.

IIRC the rule still exists, but it's been blurred by the distinction between acceleration zones and braking zones after the incidents between Skaife & Ambrose at Barbagello & Eastern Creek. Trying to formulate a set rule to adjudicate with for these incidents is, imho, a foly - there's two many other factors that could play a part.

Either way, Ambrose is hard to replace...I mean who else in the blue field has such a big ego :lol:

True - Ford need someone like that to match the ego's of Skaife and Murphy...

fbc said:
Either way, Ambrose is hard to replace...I mean who else in the blue field has such a big ego :lol:

True - Ford need someone like that to match the ego's of Skaife and Murphy...

tehehe :lol:

RPM EXCLUSIVE: They unvieled Ambrose replacement not long ago.

Its James Coutney. TBH, thats not such a bad replacement. I'm sure he'll make mistakes in his first year like he did at Bathurst with HRT this year but he could be a front runner very quickly.

Its kinda like HRT taking on Lowndes in 1996. It was a risk but it payed off heaps well...

RPM EXCLUSIVE: They unvieled Ambrose replacement not long ago.

Its James Coutney. TBH, thats not such a bad replacement. I'm sure he'll make mistakes in his first year like he did at Bathurst with HRT this year but he could be a front runner very quickly.

Its kinda like HRT taking on Lowndes in 1996. It was a risk but it payed off heaps well...

It's been the worst kept secret for a while now, this is just one thread I quickly found on the topic.

==>http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75651

On the same day (Monday) SBR will also announce who their new sponsor will be on Coutney's car, because as we know Pirtek is leaving.

==> http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75696

It would be amazing if there was somewhere that streamed the race, but I can't seem to find anywhere that does. I guess I'll just have to wait to download the highlights. :(

My neighbours have Bigpond internet and they were kind enough to give me a username/password so that I could access all of the exclusive stuff cos they don't use it :thumbsup:

How good was todays race? Ford 1-2-3 in the Championship, Rusty wins his first ever V8 Supercars title, and Lowndes ends up second !!!

You just couldn't dream up anything better. Well done Rusty, totally deserved, now for Lowndes to win it next year :thumbsup: