Australian V8 Supercars

So TEGA officials are going to be attacked by other team owners then if HRT get away with this. I never want to see Walkinshaw in V8 Supercars or Formula 1 ever again. Never ever again!!

Craig Gore of WPS is especially vocal on the matter. His team aren't in a winning situation so I wonder what his motivation is. Havent heard from the other teams...and what do HRT themselves have to say? Have they released any press statements?

I really think that a ban from the championship is far too extreme. I think a hefty fine is in order payable by Skaife and Walkinshaw (and whoever else is responsible for the mess). Ineligibility for points, perhaps limit the team's testing program....basically whatever it takes to ensure HRT learns their lesson without being banned which would seriously affect the sport.

I can't believe Mark Skaife would deliberately do anything underhand though, clearly this is all Walkinshaw's fault.

Last edited:
I think banning them is the only punishment available, as well as making a new rule banning Walkinshaw from ever stepping foot in Australia again!!

I really think that a ban from the championship is far too extreme. I think a hefty fine is in order payable by Skaife and Walkinshaw (and whoever else is responsible for the mess). Ineligibility for points, perhaps limit the team's testing program....basically whatever it takes to ensure HRT learns their lesson without being banned which would seriously affect the sport.

Do the crime, do the time. If they're guilty, they should be kicked out - their status in the sport is irrelevant. Some team managers have suggested that a ban is the only option available to TEGA under the regulations - i.e. there's no provision for financial or points-related penalties, it's a simple case of to compete you must comply.

(only issue is, hrt goes, holden might pull its support).

Couldn't see it happening - Holden have far more invested in the sport that just HRT.

There's either going to be some very unhappy HRT staff, or some livid non-HRT people.

Last edited:
Dont forget too, that Toll HSV has been the dominant team for Holden in the past year and a bit, so Holden wont pull out.

The way they are talking, sounds like a ban is on the cards!!

I bet Skaife was the guy at school always for extensions on his assignments...kinda like me :mrgreen:

Also, Greg Murphy has been vocal on the matter. He was quite angry that HRT were allowed to particpate at Adeliade, because they still hadn't given TEGA the appropriate documentation. The issue he had was they could hurt someones championship hopes if they took a someone out of the Adeliade race by crashing, and then if HRT did get kicked out of the championship, they woulkd've stuffed other teams/drivers chances for nothing.

I wonder if Skaife blamed sinus problems for not having the paper work ready....

http://img225.imageshack.**/img225/2732/markskaiffepicrk4.jpg

I've just heard from a friend that 2008 will be the last Clipsal 500 race on that track. In 2009 the development of Vic Park will be complete and they will run the event on the full track.

YAY!! We get Banana Bend and The Stag and Brewery Bend back. I reckon they can turn Brewery Bend (Where Hakkinen crashed in 1995) into a Turn 8 clone!! I was down there today and was looking at it and it can be done easily.

I haven't heard that. My understanding was they were going to build an extention to the Victoria Park section and rebuild the pits in a permanent building on the other side of the track...or something like that. Either way, exciting times ahead :)

I haven't heard that. My understanding was they were going to build an extention to the Victoria Park section and rebuild the pits in a permanent building on the other side of the track...or something like that. Either way, exciting times ahead :)

They are moving the track. Here is what they are doing.

http://img157.imageshack.**/img157/1897/image010lt2.jpg

Im drawing a picture of what it will look like, will post shortly.

Ok. Here is my wonderful drawing using Google Maps, Transport SA image and Paint.

What do you all think?? I like the full config with the new extension. I think it's going to add 2-3 seconds per lap in Clipsal config and 1:50's for full config.

http://img132.imageshack.**/img132/7917/adelaidef1v8hu1.png

Edit: Note, the Victoria Park racecourse is reshaped and moved across. Senna Chicane is still where it is. Pit Lane moves across the track.

Last edited:
Looks good, you did that very well :)
The Senna chicane in particular looks like it could be quite exciting :D. So in 2009 they'll be using the Grand Prix circuit, then later we get the new extention as well as the old grand prix circuit?

Dunno what those greenie hippies are moaning about either. The new development looks like it will be returning a good section of parkland back to the public...some people are never satisfied.

Looks good, you did that very well :)
The Senna chicane in particular looks like it could be quite exciting :D. So in 2009 they'll be using the Grand Prix circuit, then later we get the new extention as well as the old grand prix circuit?

Why thank you :)

Have a look in the 2007 F1 Season thread I just started...

Holden Racing Team clear for the V8 Supercar Championship Series

Release Date: 16/03/2007

The Holden Racing Team will be on the starting grid for round two of the V8 Supercar Championship Series in Perth next weekend.

Skaife Sports and governing body Touring Car Entrants Group Australia (TEGA) have reached agreement in principle to a financial settlement that will see the team have their licences to race reinstated upon signing of a deed of release early next week.

The agreement was reached by both parties today after weeks of complex legal scrutiny to ensure that Skaife Sports is compliant with the ownership and control provisions of the Team?s Licence Agreement (TLA).

TEGA Chairman Kelvin O?Reilly: ?Conditional upon TEGA?s approval of certain agreements, TEGA will be satisfied that the Team will be compliant with the relevant provisions of the TLA in the future.

?The Team will be subject to stringent regular and random checks and disclosure to ensure ongoing compliance with the TLA and could not expect any leniency if breaches are detected.

?It has been an extraordinarily complex issue that has taken a great deal of time to work through and TEGA is satisfied that it has reached a commercial settlement that is in the best interests of the sport, the fans, sponsors and associated stakeholders.?

Skaife Sports Director Mark Skaife: ?We at HRT are glad that this situation is being resolved in a positive fashion and we can now fully focus on the business of going motor racing.

?It is unfortunate that this situation has occurred and we look forward to a positive and co-operative relationship between the team and TEGA in the future.?

The TLA is designed to ensure that every team competing in the V8 Supercar Championship Series does so on an even footing.

It requires that teams are independently owned. It prohibits a situation where there is cross ownership or control of more than one team. The benefits of ownership are personal to the legal and beneficial owner of the TLA and a controlling interest cannot be transferred to any other entity without approval of TEGA.

Those persons who are granted a licence to compete must be of good character, and undertake to compete fairly and professionally and have the appropriate knowledge and qualifications to discharge the responsibility of a team owner in the best interests of the V8 Supercar Championship Series.

Source

It has been an extraordinarily complex issue that has taken a great deal of time to work through and TEGA is satisfied that it has reached a commercial settlement that is in the best interests of the sport, the fans, sponsors and associated stakeholders - This says to me, HRT are guilty as sin, but losing them would be a disaster for the sport.

It has been an extraordinarily complex issue that has taken a great deal of time to work through and TEGA is satisfied that it has reached a commercial settlement that is in the best interests of the sport, the fans, sponsors and associated stakeholders - This says to me, HRT are guilty as sin, but losing them would be a disaster for the sport.

That's my take on it too - except for the best interests of the sport bit. The sport's far far bigger than HRT, it would've been just fine with them gone for a while.

Skaife Sports and governing body Touring Car Entrants Group Australia (TEGA) have reached agreement in principle to a financial settlement that will see the team have their licences to race reinstated upon signing of a deed of release early next week.

So TEGA have given them a great whacking fine or what? I don't get it - I was under the impression that fines weren't an option, you either complied and raced, or you didn't and watched from the stands. I smell guilt.

TEGA Chairman Kelvin O?Reilly: ?Conditional upon TEGA?s approval of certain agreements, TEGA will be satisfied that the Team will be compliant with the relevant provisions of the TLA in the future.

"Approval of certain agreements" - WTF? And here's me thinking HRT had to have all their documentation and agreements in place and submitted, now there's more agreements pending TEGA's approval? Bollocks to that, either they submitted satisfactory and complete records now and have complied - and get to race - or they haven't, and get to spectate. Someone's playing favourites... and it stinks.

This is the worst, most ambiguous way this could've ended. It's a simple yes or no deal, all this conditional 'approval of certain agreements', 'financial settlement', 'commercial settlement that is in the best interests of the sport, the fans, sponsors and associated stakeholders' garbage just screams to me that HRT are guilty, but TEGA were just too damn gutless to do the right thing.

Last edited: