Australian V8 Supercars

^ Can be a whole host of reasons - or just plain bad luck. What series are you referring to?

LOL i just found out on sunday the Koenigsegg CCR crashed twice on its parade lap.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Here is a video of the first crash, i'm still trying to find the second one. (Big damage in the 2nd crash i've been told).

[YOUTUBE]LHiQEkyYn3M[/YOUTUBE]

LOL i just found out on sunday the Koenigsegg CCR crashed twice on its parade lap.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Here is a video of the first crash, i'm still trying to find the second one. (Big damage in the 2nd crash i've been told).

Nah that was the only crash that the CCR had - the Porsche 959 tagged the wall in about the same spot on Friday though. - Expensive weekend for those guys.

When the CCR pulled up in the final corner queuing to leave the circuit there was a heap of smoke coming out of the back (I assume because he had rearranged the rear end when he tagged the wall) They popped the engine cover and let off an extinguisher or two.. Was priceless

The drivers of the cars (who I would assume are the owners) must be dickheads - they were waving to the crowd when it happened. Tools!

So noone watched Eastern Creek this weekend?

Today's race at Albert Park was freakin awesome, and the teams even let you check out the cars inside the service areas.

Well done guys, and go tander!

Tander smashed everyone. Great to have them back at the GP. Great day but my god it was hot.

Hopefully HRT can maintain that kind of dominance for the rest of the season. Well done Tander

Hamilton next week. New street track. I'm already missing Pukeoke (can't spell).

your thoughts for this race?

Hamilton next week. New street track. I'm already missing Pukeoke (can't spell).

your thoughts for this race?
I loved 'puke (<thats how you spell it :p) and it was one of those tracks I wish didn't have to go. Oh well...

I've seen the map of the Hamilton race and it does look promising...only time will tell though!

I'm looking forward to it though. Its always exciting when theres a new event on :)

Go Brighty!!

Qualifing should be starting soon. Hope the stream is good.

What a fantastic track!!

Those tyre bundles caused a few problems though. Some spectacular 2-wheeled action at stages as well!!

What did we think of the Jamie and Todd collision in practise?

I would have thought Jamie would've given Todd more room than that and anticipated his move, although I do think Todd came out rather aggressively. Hard one to call, IMO.

The race itself was a cracker and there will definately be more broken cars by the end of this round :D

Can I just say - I think Channel 7 commentary is shit :thumbsdown: I don't feel like ranting about it now, but its just shit, and thats a pretty good word to describe it...

IMHO Todd was 100% at fault - he knew Jamie was there and was travelling faster and coming past. Todd had plenty of room - the contact was to the rear quarter of Jamie's car - Jamie was already past him, all Todd had to do was lift off and pull in behind Jamie. But no, he pulled straight into Jamie and destroyed his weekend.

The only complaint I have with Seven's coverage is their pitlane commentary - it's improving as the guys settle into their roles and become more knowledgeable about the sport, but still has a way to go. The main commentary team's doing a good job.

Ch7 FTW, beats all F1 channels bar SpeedTV(if it didn't have ads)

IMHO Todd was 100% at fault - he knew Jamie was there and was travelling faster and coming past. Todd had plenty of room - the contact was to the rear quarter of Jamie's car - Jamie was already past him, all Todd had to do was lift off and pull in behind Jamie. But no, he pulled straight into Jamie and destroyed his weekend.

The only complaint I have with Seven's coverage is their pitlane commentary - it's improving as the guys settle into their roles and become more knowledgeable about the sport, but still has a way to go. The main commentary team's doing a good job.

completely agree, and a heavy penalty should be handed to this sort of accidents...
he was completely off the side of the track and decide to merge in while there was a car beside him~? give me a break...

Seven's commentary was pretty ok to me, as it's mostly the same bunch of guys really, but yeah the pitlane guy sounded new...

Todd had nowhere to go, maybe Jamie could have easied off and took a tighter line... anyway great treble by GT. Good to see Coultard and the like of Caruso having good runs. Shocked JC didn't hit even a sheep;)

Weren't the pitlane reporters Mark Beretta and Daniel Gibson, the same ones who did most or all the races last year?

Last edited: