Australian version of Top Gear

Sorry guys. I am just not prepared to accept that a boxster and a 130 are comparable on anything other than the fact that they both have engines, doors and tyres.

Drive them. You'll only choose the Boxster if you are a hairdresser.

Gerfix, i'm not keen on the pissing match, but I have had the experience in both cars. I don't really rate either of them, but I wouldn't put them in the same bracket. It's only my opinion, and I don't expect you to agree.

who gives a rats ... seriously ... you see either of these cars on the road and you don't give them a second thought ... lets get back on topic ...

... australian top gear ...

... a thought has just occured to me ... the an australian version wont flop exactly, but it will highlight some of the flaws in the UK version ...

... lets face it, the three uk presenters are prime time wankers ... they're poms for goodness sake ... it is "quintessentially australian" to bag the crap out of those pasty cheese eating surrender monkeys ... its why perth exists ... its way way over there, away from us, and its full of poms ...

... and celebrities in a reasonably priced car ... enough of the banter, enough of the blatant plugging of movies, music and mayhem ... gosh whats going to happening on the australian version ...

"so wayne carey thanks for coming ... please use this time to ingratiate your self into the publics good books ... take your time ... and now who wants to see his lap ... no one ... thought so" ...

... what I'd like to see is celebrities who get kicked in the balls by a person who owns a reasonably priced car !!

its why perth exists ... its way way over there, away from us, and its full of poms ...

As someone who comes from Perth, I thank you for that wonderfully backhanded compliment ;) And we have more South African's than Poms anyway...

(Not that I hate South Africans... :) )

Will the real poms stand up ... it seems I'm confusing you with the french and the south africans ... which seems more of insult to the french and south africans really ... of course, I'm sure that Ray Martin is loving you right now ... and frankly, that makes me sick ...

I just don't think SBS has the cahones, or the cash to pull this one off. You'd need amazing hosts, brutal honesty and a clone of Clarkson.

I tend to agree with this here. I can't see Top Gear Australia being anywhere NEAR the real TG version.

Besides, they are thinking of having female hosts - I am a female myself but GEEZ that would totally wreck the essense of TG....3 blokes chatting about cars and showing off.

When I watch this show, it's like I am being shown a peek of a secret male universe :lol:

I can't see Top Gear Australia being anywhere NEAR the real TG version.

Besides, they are thinking of having female hosts - I am a female myself but GEEZ that would totally wreck the essense of TG....3 blokes chatting about cars and showing off.

I never thought of it like that...but i think you've hit a nail.....possibly on its head.

I think that form would be more helpful to people if it mentioned which city and on what dates filming would be taking place. :blink:

They might just be asking for Expressions of Interest at the moment. Perhaps those people who put in an EOI will get more info as it comes to hand ...?

I didn't, only because I'm in Adelaide. That said, if TGA is any good, i'll certainly consider a road trip to Sydney to be in the audience ...