Auto Annoyances

danmead

Car(s)
2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara
The thing that drives me crazy about my '06 Suzuki Grand Vitara is that in order to change one tiny headlight bulb you must first remove the front bumper/grill assembly. Changing a light bulb shouldn't be an all afternoon project!

What are some of the annoying things about the car you own? Not necessarily something that makes it a bad car, but something that occasionally makes you wonder what was the manufacturer thinking. :? :blink:

Why is the water temperature gauge in my Focus fake? Oh, I know the answer: Too many customers are not bright enough to read a gauge showing the actual temperature and not worry because it's - shocking! - not constant. Dear Ford: Feel free to implement it that way, but only if there's an "advanced mode" hidden somewhere in the settings for people with a brain. Which there is not.

Why is the clock in my car radio (and thus, the car) not synchronized by the RDS signal? Oh, I know the answer: It's a Sony.

The thing that drives me crazy about my '06 Suzuki Grand Vitara is that in order to change one tiny headlight bulb you must first remove the front bumper/grill assembly. Changing a light bulb shouldn't be an all afternoon project!

What are some of the annoying things about the car you own? Not necessarily something that makes it a bad car, but something that occasionally makes you wonder what was the manufacturer thinking. :? :blink:

It doesn't start.

Also, the steering is lethally slow, 4 turns lock to lock unassisted..:(

2009-Mazda-RX-8-Engine-1280x960.jpg

What I see when I open the hood.

picture.php

This is the dipstick, at the back of the engine between a couple of hot pipes.

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thevictor390/2009/10/23/rx_engine.JPG
Somewhere in this vicinity.

Are you sure your car doesn't have any more auto annoyances?;)

You must spread around more beezwax before giving it to Posmo again. :lol:

Why does only the driver get an auto-down window? Really, how hard can it be to fit the special little switch for everyone else so they can press it once and the window fully opens?

Why does only the driver get an auto-down window? Really, how hard can it be to fit the special little switch for everyone else so they can press it once and the window fully opens?

On that topic, why does my car have auto-down but not auto-up windows? Yes, safety, but a fail-safe isn't that hard to do.

*epp_b wubs his naked 240sx*

Remember to let it cool down before you stick it in, that would be a nasty place to get a burn

Why does my 2003 car not have a cd player or AUX input even though it has the premium monsoon speaker system? Really VW my mom's base model chrysler has a better headunit

Why does my 2003 car not have a cd player or AUX input even though it has the premium monsoon speaker system? Really VW my mom's base model chrysler has a better headunit

And why must tape adapters suck so hard? Though aux inputs are a way late arrival on the scene. I'm still using the 6-CD changer for my music.

No kidding the feedback shit on mine is awful but the FM adapters are even worse! :-x

No kidding the feedback shit on mine is awful but the FM adapters are even worse! :-x

We don't talk about FM adapters. With tape adapters, though, it's the scratch....scratch....scratch.... that really gets on my nerves. If there was a frictionless tape adapter, I'd use that in a heartbeat, but nothing's worked so far.

If you turn the volume up you get that + EEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNN feedback noise that is the same volume as the music. I also hate that my tape deck doesn't like the adapter anymore so it just spits it out if I don't push the thing to the side when it starts to load.

also I just looked up headunits for my car with cd players
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...wItemQQptZCar_Audio_Video?hash=item4837dc9300
are you shitting me? TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS??!!!
It doesn't even have AUX input fuck that.

Last edited:
My car as an awful wind noise that I can't sort out that annoys me. If I could get rid of that, I'd totally be happy with it again. Ok not happy but at least not constantly annoyed.

Speaking of volume controls.. Why is it that factory stereos have the volume knob from 0 to about 40, when 0 is nothing, 1 is nothing plus a bit, and 3 is fucking ear piercingly loud?

Agree on the stereo stuff ... how hard could it be to have standard 3.5" input jack as standard equipment?

Oh, wait, that's because they all use stupid Apple adapters so that iCrap users don't have to think about any UI other than "CLICKZ HEAR STOOOOPID"

Last edited: