Annoyances about our Subaru-
- Fuel guzzler beyond all belief- don't have mpg, but we could easily go through $200 AUD a week on fuel if we use if even for a couple of days only. And it has to have the high octane stuff put in it too, which is even more expensive
- Constant AWD system- don't need AWD all the time, we mostly drive around on smooth city roads. Just uses up more fuel. My grandma's Suzuki SX4 has an AWD system that you can turn on/off depending on what you are doing/driving on. Much better idea imo.
- Accelerator is a classic auto accelerator pedal- it seems to only want to be pushed down to certain "stages"- hard to explain, but the pedal doesn't go down smoothly, it has different resistances, which means maintaining a constant speed is almost impossible.
- No aux input on the stereo- this a car from circa 2003 and it has a tape deck. WTF, even my grandparents had switched over to CDs by then! CDs on that too can't be mp3 and it doesn't like copied/burnt audio CDs either.
- Lately, it has turned into a pup:
- All the front wheel bearings, CV joints, etc had to be replaced at 105000 kms
- Had a big oil leak which also had to be repaired recently because it was losing oil at an alarming rate
- The auto gear changes have become very shonky of late- they are slow and almost studdering, especially changing down
- The idle speed when stopped has been creeping higher and higher to the point where we have to put it in neutral at the lights because it is nearly impossible to keep it still on the brakes when in drive.
- This weekend, when going down a steep slope (i.e. hill, parking lot), the back right brake made the most horrific screeching sound when braking- a metal on metal sound almost. So either the brake pad has worn down completely (considering it got changed 4 months ago, unlikely) or the stupid thing has broken again. The brakes screech a fair bit normally anyway, but never like this. Might be another $1000 trip to the mechanic.
So yeah, basically we have a heavy, fuel guzzling lump of a car that has decided to become unreliable and is cosing us a ton of money. We are most likely getting a new car within the next 6 months. Still love the car though :lol: