Auto industry planning car pool to Washington (For real!!!))

So, let me get this straight: They fucked up (by making crap cars and generally not being profitable) and now they carpool to Wahington, seeming very sorry, to borrow a lot of money? FFS just admit that you failed, then try and move on, if you can't, good riddance!:mad:

This is retarded! So, Congress told them they needed a better plan that shows exactly how they are going to improve their businesses and they decided to show them how they are going to cut costs - by carpooling.
Damn it, GM, Chrysler and Ford - they want you to create concrete marketing plans!

^Maybe it's the new Taurus...you know...the one that said would have Superman styling, versus the Homer Simpson styling of the one they were still making for another couple of years? Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot, mister.

I'm willing to bet the word "carpool" was meant as more of a symbol, and maybe they'll either take one jet, or fly 1st class on a commercial airline...but with private transportation on both sides. Either of those would be reasonable to me. Sharing a car would just be insulting, and nothing more than a publicity stunt.

So they're going to fly to Baltimore and than drive a few miles to DC and act like their stunt means something?

"Hey I know we don't have any plans on how to make money so we can't actually prove we can do anything but hit a snooze button but look how broke we are!!!! We have to actually drive from one place to another!"

Step 1: Stop making poorly made overpriced cars
Step 2: Make Profits
Step 3: Worry about public image of the CEO's

I guess that they're going for the empathy angle. Flying into the hell that is BWI and then driving in a big three caravan to DC is the travel equivalent of self-flagellation and wearing a cilice. So basically that trip is just like the automotive equivalent of Opus Dei.