Autoblog: Paris Preview: Lamborghini teases new mystery car

Way to unspectacular for a Lamborghini :blink: To be honest: it's boring.

After the Murci?lago, the Gallardo... and the Reventon I expected something where you just stop and say "WOW". But this is not "WOW" it's not even "wow"... it's just... "aha".

Could as well be some Maserati, Aston, Benz or whatever.
In addition I must say... sportscars have to have two seats and two doors. Who ever invented that idea of a four door sportscar :mad:

Being a great Lamborghini Fan I'm really disappointed.

bitch_please.jpg

Last edited:
Erm... really? ;)

800px-Aston_Martin_Lagonda_West_London.jpg

yes, really. That just looks like an American barge (crysler or plymouth), and if I didn't know it was an aston I wouldn't look twice.

OMG, seen the pictures.

Dare I say .......... It's ugly. Properly ugly. I don't know, maybe it's a grower. But right now, I have to say no.

I rather like the proper sedan like proportions on this car MUCH better than the 'take a long nosed coupe and stretch it out and add two doors' look of the Panamera and Rapide, which are basically 'sausage dog' versions of their 911 and DB9 bodies

It has some Reventon front end elements but otherwise its a pretty ok thought out sedan design overall.

Having said that, its not *that* good looking and lambo would be prob the last company (next to ferrari) i would buy a 4 door saloon from, but still ppl who think this looks worse than the Rapide or Panamera are taste impaired.

lol, and another thought. door = wheel well. I wonder how it will look witht he back door open.

Unless you think anything big with corners is American, there's nothing American about that design.

The rectangularness of the car, the rectangularness of the front, the lines on the side, the color, the size, the wheels, the C-Pillars, the long ass nose (yes I know european cars used to have long bonnets, but they looked differently).

There are tons of 80s GMC/Chrysler cars that fulfil many/most of those traits, but I struggle to think of a european car.

EDIT: Possibly one or two hints of volvo in the Lagonda, but that's about it.

Last edited:
I think its alright for a sedan. Lambo could have made the front a little more differently but oh well, I guess it works.

:rofl: Bwaaahaaaaaahahhhaaaaaa! :rofl:

It will sell in the thousands, but, I'll be lol-ing until the new year.

That is the best looking four door ever made...simply stunning...I can't figure out how every car Lamborghini makes is just perfect in terms of looks...

The rectangularness of the car, the rectangularness of the front, the lines on the side, the color, the size, the wheels, the C-Pillars, the long ass nose (yes I know european cars used to have long bonnets, but they looked differently).

There are tons of 80s GMC/Chrysler cars that fulfil many/most of those traits, but I struggle to think of a european car.

EDIT: Possibly one or two hints of volvo in the Lagonda, but that's about it.
Newsflash: all 80s cars were big and boxy.

1986mercedes.jpg

dan.jpg

901.jpg

045195.jpg

amc-cars-5.jpg

Moral of the story: the 80s weren't good to anybody. (Except coke dealers.)

I rather would forget about, thank you. What's that white piece of sexy in the background, though? :eek:

Well good news for you then. Ferrari promised that we will not see a 4door Ferrari.

Today in Paris, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo applied full carbon brakes to that theory as he stated in no uncertain terms that as long as he was holding the top office at the sports car maker, "We will never do a four-door."

Even though I like Lambo much more than Ferrari, that statement made him and Ferrari cooler.

Why are some sources listing the car as mid-engined? Thye say the engine sits behind the front axle...WHERE? Look at the pictures again, it is clearly a FR layout car.

But calling it mid-engined is a bit too much don't you think?

There is no true midengined car. It would have to be right in between the axles. There are front-mid engined and rear-mid engined cars.